I finally finished my first blanket/patchwork/quilt the other day. It's by no means perfect, but I'm happy with it.
It's made entially from fabric scraps, left over from my last clothing collection. I ended up with a lot of random sized scraps, so I sewed them into strips, and then sewed all the strips together.
I did it all on my machine, which I found quite tough towards the end! Fitting all that fabric through a machine is pretty hard.
I only quilted the green squares. I may do the other solid coloured ones at a later date, before I send it off.
I used a yellow gingham for the backing, and an old heavy blanket for the batting.
It's for my Nanna's brithday, and it's lap-sized, so she can keep warm while watching telly!