i claim pinupmommy for a yarngasm....
this is my second claim, 1 is in transit, and I'm in wisconsin.wish list (really big wishes in bold red)
!KNITTED AND CROCHETED THINGS:a satchel bag like this http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer05/PATTsatchel.html
(bright colors, use up all your felting colors?)this felted backgammon board
(or something similar) http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_5311864,00.html
i love this felted bag - http://www.talklikeapirate.com/knitlikeapirate.html
the felted monster slippers in the SNB book?SEWN THINGS:
a flamenco skirt like this https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=3905.msg29436#msg29436 *** NEW ***
a messenger style bag - big enough to hold my projects and all my normal purse stuff? maybe like one of the necktie bags, or one out of felted sweaters?can anyone figure out how to make a shrug jacket like this
? I LOVE this jacket, but this is the only picture I have of ithttp://www.wists.com/Dulcinea/7e8bc1ec576c4d291d9c7cd844f89887?offset=40
another big wish - the pants from Burda Pattern number 8316
- they're a pair of pants that I love - view A (long, not crops) in the smallest size (and we can talk about sizing) (I can provide pattern and fabric, I just need someone who's a better sewer than I am to actually make 'em)
this skirt - anyone think they can find a pattern and make one? it doesn't need to be so long... mid-calf would be perfecthttp://www.shukronline.com/wt3601.html
If anyone loves to sew, I love this skirt! would love a soft drapey sort of fabrichttp://www.garnethill.com/jump.jsp?itemID=12386&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C4477%2C9140%2C9143&iProductID=12386
a shirt like this, but long enough to tuck in - PM for sizing, pleasehttp://www.kambriel.com/topwhite.htmlAmy Butler Weekender bag
- i'm actually needing one, and this would be a great bag to pack my stuff in!OTHER CRAFTED STUFF:a small, simple stained glass window in the style often found at the flea market, along these lines: http://www.robomargo.com/Dscn1137.jpg *** NEW ***
if we have any potters - a bowl or two, or cups?stained glass pendant or bracelet
, especially if it was dragonfly or butterfly or irissome sort of artwork for my bedroom? it's all in oceany type colors, could be art, a collage, a quilted wall hanging... *** NEW ***
embellished / stencilled hoodie - dragonflies, irises? adult size medium (i like them big and comfy, and preferably pull over, not zipped)SUPPLIES:
Noro Kureyon - if you have any leftovers in your stash, i'm trying to collect enough to make lizard ridge - only need 7 more skeins! <<<--- thanks, Sunspotted! *** NEW ***
hand painted yarn - if you love to hand paint yarn, and have bare DK weight, i could really use 880 yards (generally 2 skeins?) in some blues/greens hand painted something, or 1200 yards in a laceweight? i can dye the yarn, but i haven't gotten up the courage to try to do with the paint brush yet!
Knitting and crocheting books
- NON-Koolaid dyes for bare yarn
- bare yarn in a fingering/DK weight or laceweight
- chunky weight wool - it's not like thick n quick, and it's not like regular wool - it's somewhere in between, with a gauge of about 3-4 st. / 1 inch on about #8-10 needles... anyway, in white, dark blue, forest green, deep purple, chocolate brown, something like that?
- if one of these is just taking up space, I'd love to get a copy:
Whatever you're really good at
- Twinkle's Big City Knits: 31 Chunky-Chic Designs
- *** NEW *** Knitting Circles Around Socks: Knit Two at a Time on Circular Needles
- *** NEW *** Favorite Socks: 25 Timeless Designs from Interweave
- my wist, and my list, are a good indication of the sort of things I like - if there's something you're really good at, and you think I might like it, feel free to plan a surprise - truly, when people make things in friendship, they're received that way, too
something inspired by my wist http://www.wists.com/Dulcinea kandy kakes!!
Now that I have a decent supply of devil dogs, I think i need more chocolate kandy kakes (they don't sell them in wisconsin)! (if you don't know what they are, you probably can't get them by you) and thanks to everyone who sent me devil dogs!!
and if i stall out the swap, someone yell at me, and i'll add more stuff.
... right... about me. I'm the REALLY old lady in the crowd (somehow, those AARP mailings aren't quite so funny anymore!), the one peering over the bifocals. I have 1 teenager at home, and my day job is a computer programmer. I have no allergies except MRI dye, nickel (easy on the jewelry stuff, folks) and a couple of antibiotics, no issues with animal products, would prefer to avoid religion/religious articles and politics at all costs.... my favorite colors are the saturated jewel tones, think ruby, sapphire, emerald... i don't do terribly well with pastels. We live in an apartment, where space is always at a premium... so small things that sit on tables and shelves and don't do anything except collect dust aren't a great thing here.