not very original at all, but i wanted one, so i made one. i used this (https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=42994.0
) tutorial, mine's no where near as good, but it works for me!
it took a few days, making test covers and whatnot. i wanted my final project to actually be good. and i didn't want to waste my favorite felt colors (yeah i know they're like 15 cents, what can i say, i'm cheap)
here's the pictures of the three i made before the final one.
left to right: the first one i made. it was way too wide, and a little too long also. then the second one i made, i tried out an applique. once again, it was just about 1/4 of an inch too wide. the third: i didn't bother trying to do the flap thing, but i think i took this one in 1/2 of an inch, so it was a little too tight.
also, i didn't actually think about putting those colors, i just grabbed some pieces. and this was my first try with the blanket stitch, (thanks to kittyninha for showing me the instructions!) so it's definately not perfect and i couldn't figure out how much thread to use so i'd have to cut it off and start again...hate that. anyway, here's the finished product!
yeah...i'm not so good at the blanket stitch, i don't how to go about stitching on the corners! but i'm okay with it, because it's just for me.