I thought I'd post a few "in process" pictures.
First, here's the fabric for all 20 postage stamp blocks. There are 20 bags (1 for each block) and each has 144 squares in it. There are a lot of repeats, so as I get new fabric (for other projects or from swaps), I go through each baggie and take out repeats and replace them with new pieces.
Next, here's a shot of some pieces in progress. In the box lid, you can see two sets of squares (separated by the knitting needle). The top set is a complete set of 144 (in 7 piles) that I have not yet started sewing. I've already started sewing the bottom set (there's only 4 piles).
To the right of the box, you can see several units in process (in quilting terminology, a unit is more than a single piece of fabric, but less than a completed block). There are 1x1, 2x2, 4x4 units sitting there, some already ironed, some in need of ironing. My husband jokes that they really should call it "ironing" rather than "sewing."
I work on several different units at the time to keep myself from feeling bored, and to keep maintain my enthusiasm for the project -- you see, this way, I'm always almost done with the next block.
For example, I just finished block #4 a little bit ago, and here's the status of block #5:
You can see that I have 8 units ready to be sewed up. The one large unit there (4x8) was originally intended for block #4, but some of the fabrics didn't work that well in it, so I set it aside for block #5. There are some fabrics in #5 from OriginalYouth, and I think one or two from HardySwanton and AlteredMommy.
I probably won't have a chance to work on this again until after Christmas (and in truth, I haven't worked on it in a week!). I miss it!