I found this painted wooden stool out by the bins last week and realised it was perfect for altering. I make visual journals regularly and tend to lean towards papercrafts and artwork so this is branching out for me.
I wanted to enter the challenge and to make something that was a development of my artwork, and this is what developed...my work in 3D...and useful furniture to boot!
This is what it looked like before...very yucky!
So, I cleaned it up, sanded it down, removed the seat and started to paint...
And finally, remade the seat. The old seat was horrible so I cut the wood to shape, found new foam, dug out my favourite fabric and attached it all with upholstery tacks.
I attached wire in spirals to one of the lower bars.
And even decorated under the seat
I probably need to get a better view of the top but I sewed felt circles in each of the sun/star's centres secured with a french knot and stitched around the designs in various ways.
So that's it, my artwork in functional form!