Hello! This is my first project post &my first ever satisfactory skirt! Big day. :]
I got this berry print cotton sheet at the Salvation Army thinking I'd make a sweet button up shirt dress out of it but that turned out to be way out of my league and required more fabric. Boo. And then I tried to put this together as a rectangle with a whole lots of pleats at the top, without any pattern, and stitched in black thread because I was too lazy to rethread my machine, and the whole thing was a general mess. I thought I had ruined my super cute fabric.
Enter the circle skirt! I picked the thing apart and salvaged enough for 3 panels. Circle skirts are my new best friend. It's actually 3/4s of a circle, but same thing, essentially. It's got pockets and a zipper and button closure on the waistband, the only thing it's missing is a slip.
The closures are in the front.
Super excited that I got a decent flare out of the thing!
And then I spilt hot cocoa on it. It washed out, but I really need to be more careful.