I based the image from http://www.finroo.com/images/designs/413/413_07072009_943.jpg. It was really quite easy to make. Maybe that's because I used the awesome power of glue to hold it all together.....
Anyways, first I drew my pattern on the red fabric and started cutting about an inch from the lines. Using fabric glue and scissors I folded the extra inch over and glued it there so it the edges wouldn't come undone.
Then using the image as a guide I cut pieces from my polka-dot fabric and fabric-glued them to the back of the red fabric (Again, I folded over the edges and glued them). Using black fabric paint, I painted a border on the red fabric. It was time to make the letters.
This was when I freaked out. I didn't have yellow fabric paint and when I tried using normal paint, it turned out terrible . I had yellow yarn............so I decided to test out an idea I had. I traced out the letters out of the red fabric and cut them out. Then, using a hot glue gun, row by row, I added the yellow yarn. Eventually I liked it and did that to all of the letters. Since the back of the letter was the red fabric, I could easily fabric-glue it on to the main body.
I let it dry and fabric-glued them onto the pillow cover. I let that dry overnight and then put in the pillow.
And thus, it was fabric glue that saved me