Swap name: 13 Days of Halloween Swap Round 3
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: tracethekat
Sign-up date range: June 20th, 2010 to July 3rd, 2010
Partners will be posted July 4th (probably sooner but no promises!
Date to send item by: October 2nd for days 13-7 and October 13th for days 6-1 (if you are sending all 13 days at once, then you must send on or before October 2nd)
NOTE: If sending internationally, do know that you must ship your ENTIRE package (Days 1 – 13) by September 21st in order to assure that your package will arrive to your partner in time to open their first package on October 19th.
Limited to a certain number of people? Right now, I will say no, unless things go completely out of control.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Age requirement? 18 and over!
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES, psychonmemphis
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully : YES (this does NOT include any of the Ongoing Wishlist Swaps, Shop the Swaps, or any swaps where there wasn't an assigned partner. You must have participated in at least one swap where you were assigned a partner and required to craft at least a minimum of 1 medium and 2 small items (combined) or one large item and 1 small item – a total of a 4 point swap) before joining this one. No NEWBIES will be allowed in this swap! I apologize but this is a large commitment and I would like people who have swapping experience.
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 18 years old
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
Details of swap:
***Much of this was taken from Round 2 of this swap but please read thoroughly, even if you participated in previous rounds!***
ORIGINAL THREAD DISCUSSION FOR THIS SWAP: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=349008.0
Round 1 Discussion https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=250567.0
Round 1 Gallery https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=250570.0
Round 2 Discussion https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=309945.0
Round 2 Gallery https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=323053.0
I reserve the right to deny any crafter's entrance into this swap for the following reasons...
ANY "negative" feedback comments
poor communication in past swaps
sending late in past swaps
Being a NEWBIE swapper (you must have successfully completed 1 swap prior to signing up for this one)
The idea of this swap is to craft for your partner 13 groups of items (91 items in total-it is highly encouraged that day 13 be candy or some type of baked good- Halloween related of course) based on their interests. You will label the packages with the numbers 13-1, so that your partner knows which days are in which packages. We will start opening the packages on October 19th with the #13 package. Inside would be 13 things. On October 20th you would open the #12 package and inside there should be 12 things. This will go on and on until on October 31st when you will open the #1 package.
Each day can have a "theme" if you want, but this is not mandatory. You could have day 5 be 5 glitter skulls, while day 6 could be a pair of earrings + a set of gift tags + a fabric headband + a tea towel + embossing powder and some handmade paper
This is a pretty big swap commitment so if you are not sure that you can fulfill the obligations please do not sign up. This swap will end up taking a lot of time/money/resources, so please plan accordingly. Some participants from the past have said they spent a large amount of $$ in shipping alone! I know from last year I spent out $30 - $40 dollars in shipping alone so please plan accordingly!!
Also, it is VERY IMPORTANT that the packages get sent ON TIME so please make sure that you can get to the post office. PLAN AHEAD, especially if you are shipping internationally!
Please note: if you are sending food/accepting food, your package will look like this approximately:
handcrafted 60% = 55 items
store bought 25%= 23 items
food/candy/baked goods: 15% = 13 items (for day 13 most likely)
and, if not, like this: 70% (64 items) handcrafted and 30% (27 items) store bought
If you buy an item from etsy.com, a craft fair, or any other handmade site that is handmade I consider it handmade and may go into the 75% handmade list. Store bought to me implies COMMERCIALLY manufactured, mass produced and/or supplies. If you have any questions, please feel free to pm me at any time!
Further detailed explanations:
Please pm me with any questions!
Here are some more rules- that specify just how much of a COMMITMENT this swap is!
1. I would recommend that your day 13 be candy or treats, days 12-7 be "small" items, days 6-4 be "medium" items and days 3-1 be "large" items. Less time intensive things should be made for the larger numbered days and more time intensive projects for the smaller numbered days.
Day 13: Possible baked goods or smalls
Days 12-7: Small items
Days 6-4: Medium items
Days 3-1: Large items
Which further breaks down into-
13 candy treats (if you are accepting treats- if not it will be 70 small items)
57 small items
15 medium items
6 large items
Craftster's guidelines for swaps are as follows:
-Big = 3 or more hours
-Medium = 2 or more hours
-Little = 2 or less hours
-Big = A shawl, a shirt, a skirt, a set of jewelry with four to five items, a purse
-Medium = one single necklace or bracelet, a scarf
-Small = Earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks
-Big = $30 or more
-Medium = $10-$30 dollars
-Small = $10 or less
Shipping guidelines and info.https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=309945.msg3557986#msg3557986
2. I STRONGLY recommend that you have a wist for this swap, as it helps out your partner greatly. Please keep this updated and have at least 20 items on it. If you do not have a wist, please have another way to show items to your partner that you like (etsy favorites, flickr, etc...)
Some things to think about:
*. If you are sending BAKED GOODS, please only send them if you live in the same country as your partner. We do not need to tempt customs people to keep your package after you have worked so hard on it! Also, if you are sending baked goods, you may leave them out of your 1st send out package and include them in the 2nd or send them in a completely separate package so they arrive in a timely manner and don't spoil or go stale.
*. I highly recommend that you wrap your items in a plastic bag/trash bag/ or some other protective wrapping INSIDE the box you are sending. Things can get wet from rain and/or snow OR things can melt in hot temperatures. Take it from me...I live in Orlando, FL...it is still boiling hot in October! I do not need chocolate melting on my crafty gifts. ;p
*. Also, if you will be shipping TO a partner that is in a HOT climate during the swap send outs, please do not include any thing that might melt on their swap goodies. Think about wrapping them in a plastic baggie or something similar.
1. You must send ALL PM's to tracethekat and all PM's must have the subject line: 13 Days of Halloween Swap along with the word general question/sent/received...etc.
2. You must post in the original thread at least once a week! This starts once partners are assigned. You must continue to post at least 1 time a week until October 31st. I will be keeping track of this so please take notice. I will pm you if you have not posted in over a week!
3.PM's must be sent to tracethekat AND your partner when you send and receive. If you are sending within the USA you must get a DC# and send it to tracethekat and your partner. They cost about an extra dollar in addition to the postage price. If you are sending outside of your country, you must keep your receipt as proof of shipping and send a picture of it to tracethekat!!! This is mandatory!
4.When you open each days package, you will then need to post in your mini gallery. I ask that you post pictures within a reasonable amount of time. Please get them posted within 3 days of opening. All of your pictures will be posted in your mini gallery. Posting pictures is a requirement for this swap! Not posting pictures will be noted in your feedback and that can affect your ability to join this swap or other swaps in the future. It will be noted in your feedback unless your mini gallery is filled with pictures of your 13 packages. Everyone will want to drool and covet what you get, so please share! If you don't have a digital camera and cannot get access to one, please ask your partner to take pictures before they send. (Partners may want to take pictures before they send just in case!)
5. I will be sending a pm at the following dates:
a “halfway” check in point on or around September 1st.
a “one week to go” check in point for the first send out date – September 25th for those shipping in the US.
A “one week to go” check in point for the second send out date – October 6th for those shipping in the US.
I will send each of you a PM at each of these times and you must reply back.
DUE TO LENGTH, QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER IS POSTED IN BELOW in the 2nd REPLY!!
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
4. holistic knitter
24. arcadian green
tracethekat <> MommytheMaid
Fosca > holistic knitter > WhiteSheep > Fosca
Ilianora <> theballandskein
tattooedcrafter <> Starryeyeddiy
missmuffcake <> edie22
lacey0828 <> Arcadian Green
JenSon <> anrondeau
kstaron <> phnxreign99
psychonmemphis <> princesspimp81
eeyore_witch <> mama24boyz
FicklePegasus <> Faux_Valentine
Megnificent <> Alchemy513
UdhillB <> WildeHeart2105
DixieMae <> aisy
Nostephot <> Isadora12000
QueenNinjaMonkey <> Meshelltakeone