let me start again.. so i have this old suit.
i don't like to get rid of suits you never know when you're going to wear it again..
but this one i knew i wouldn't be
and i've been wanting to try my hand at some recon stuff (despite the fact that i do make a lot of things, and sew some stuff for Oxynitrate from time to time...)
first i needed shorts. so i found a thread over on threadbanger on making board shorts from suit pants.
turns out its like cut offs, but you hem them.
and since i'm not really down with the "Hawaiian" flare they suggested. i never bothered to embellish on the shorts.
(i had pictures just no idea where they went)
secondly i cut the sleeves off of the jacket.. to give it a but of a punk feel. but i some how messed that up (so it goes.)
and then there was this emerica hoodie i bought a couple years ago (40 pounds ago?) that was always to big.. well it fits gnarly under the jacket. so suddenly i had a plan.
i sewed the neck lines together, re-hemmed then cut the sleeves off the jacket some more, added some thumb holes on the hoodie. sewed a bit of a pocket on the inside.
the jacket had already acquired a back patch. so i put one on the inside as well (NSFW? or just under 18.. or for people who get offended in general).
pinned a couple things in place, and made a couple lines down the front.. to keep it all in place, leaving the back and sleeves free...
as i was doing this i was asked "so did you photo document this?"
i replied "obviously not"
and now i have a stellar suit-o-recon jacket (with matching shorts for summer skate sessions)
i'll test it outside tomorrow as its supposed to only be -15.
finished product pictures:
Back - Hood Up
Back - Hood Down
Front - Closed
**note: i can still some what use the pockets from the hoodie**
Front - jacket open, hoodie zipped
new inside pocket
**note: due to a miscalculation on my part, my new inside pocket as a wonderful spot that now perfectly fits a pen, and the otherside is a bit to small for my note book, however those cheap mead flip ones fit fine.**
the way i sewed the hoodie in, i still have access to the original jacket pockets as well.
i may come back and revisit this jacket later. possibly take some black/blue house paint and paint one side of the front, and the opposite side of the back, however for now i'd say it is done, and i dig it.
***had to edit out the pictures as this is my second post... so instead you can view them by clicking the links. hope i didn;t break any other rules, since i noticed that this area requires pictures.