As a beginner embroiderer, I often grab the wrong end of the floss and end up with a mess. So I made some kitty floss holders to keep the floss organized.
cardboard- I used a piece of an old cardboard book.
felt tip pens or any medium you want to use to decorate your kitties
Scissors- Not the fabric ones
1. Cut a small rectangle about 1 1/2 inch by 2 1/4 inch.
Now, you are going to cute the kitty shape in the cardboard.
You may decide to draw it or just cut it without drawing before. Even not perfectly symmetrical, the kitty will be cute with floss around his belly.
2. Cut two triangles off the sides like a gift tag:
3. Make two symmetrical cuts to the ones you have just made
4. Cut in between. Now, you have the ears.
5. Cut the sides where you will put your floss so that the body is slender.
6. Add two cuts that will hold the beginning and end of the floss.
7. Draw a face on you kitty.
Time to use your kitty floss holder.
Insert the beginning of the floss in the cut on the kitty's belly.
Wrap the floss around the kitty's belly. When you're done, insert the end of the floss in the remaining cut.