So after seeing this awesome post https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=284812.0
a few months back I was totally inspired. When Summer finally rolled around here in England I couldn't wait to give this a go.
This was actually my second attempt, my first batch went a bit funky. I made a few changes to the method. I wazzed up my petals in a blender until they were as pulpy as I could get them, then added them to a pan and topped up with water until they were covered with about an inch or so extra. I then brought them to simmering point for about 10 minutes two or three times a day on a low heat, for I think 6 days. I neglected to take any progress shots, but the mixture went an odd dusky, pinky brown colour. It smelled so awesome until the last day when my phone rang, and I got distracted and the mixture accidentally boiled, d'oh! I think it might be an idea to get hold of some Rose oil in case that happens next time. I then wazzed everything up in the blender again, and strained the pulp through some Muslin. I rolled the dough into balls about twice the size I wanted them, covered them in some clean, dry Muslin and let them dry on the side for 2 days, with a few hours outside in the sunshine as well. Then I drilled holes through them with my trusty rotary tool. My failed batch went from bad to worse when I attempted to pierce holes in them halfway through the drying process. The other change I made was not to use the remaining water on the beads. They are solid and sturdy, and since the water had lost it's scent I didn't see any reason to use it.
Anyway, well done for getting through my wordy waffle, here's a picture of the finished product. I plan on making matching earrings soon. Thanks for looking