So a few months ago, while my darn serger was in the shoppe for the 2nd time (the thing has given me nothing but problems), i decided if I couldn't make anything for etsy, I'd make myself something nice. So I looked through my stockpile of patterns, and chose the Gothic Overdress pattern Simplicity's Akrivestery line 2757. I made it out of this cotton twill I've had in my stash forever. I didn't do the lacing, but opted for a separating zipper instead, and because the length of the zipper was a few inches longer than the end of the pattern bodice, I elongated the bodice. I also didn't hem it, but waited until i got my serger back and serged it for a more raw look. The bodice also took alot of fitting because all the big commercial pattern companies work alot of ease into their patterns. I forgot why I don't use them.
Anyway, without further adieu, the pictures!
When I get an action shot, I'll post it, It looks alot better on me than one my twig of a mannequin.
And of course I where a skirt underneath, for modesty's sake.