All right! This is the abbreviated picture addition. I did get picture happy while doing this-just a warning. Honestly, I took about 25 pictures! I did not include all of them. I apologise that I had a hard time with photobucket and flipping images.
Here is the backside of the squares before I started sewing:
I then folded the fabric right side to right side and started sewing 1/4" seams:
It then looked like this:
I kept going:
Until all the vertical seams were sewn and it looked like this:
This is what the back looks like:
Then I nipped where the squares intersected up to the thread line:
I then pressed the seams flat alternating between each. This seemed to take forever. Also, because the interfacing stuff is sticky you have to be careful to not put your iron down on the areas that covered with fabric on the front side-the back side is okay
The front looks like this:
I then started sewing the horizontal rows:
It is kind of crazy how much it shrinks through the process! This is in the middle of the the whole thing. Check out the squares on the left compared to the ones that are completed on the right:
So, after sewing and sewing and then pressing the new seams straight the final front appears like this.
and the back looks like this:
I will say it took me about an hour to sew 100 squares together using this method which is outstanding for me. I also barely messed up on my seams on the back-which is why I am showing you this! I know that it is much, much neater than I generally am. I like the final product. I don't know if it's better than going in than traditional route of piecing each individually... but for me it will be much quicker with more pleasing results. I just know I would end up with rows not meeting corner to corner. I hope this is helpful!