Thanks everyone! I've never done a tut before so I'm not entirely sure how to format it... ahahha
1. first off i took these horrendous records and marked with pencil where i wanted the top of the purse to be!
2. Then I scored the record numerous times with an exacto knife (the dollar store seriously has everything now it is amazing) several times until it was weak enough to create a clean (ish) break. The tabernacle record is a bit jagged because i used a knife and the top half shattered ahaha
3. In order to create the whole i just took a thicker than normal (tapestry maybe? or crewel?) type sewing needle, put it under a candle for a few seconds and pushed it through the record! It seriously slips right through which is so neat! But yes make these kinds of holes all the way around the outside of the record
4. Hot glue any decorations on!
5. I used felt to separate the records so that it would make the purse. After it was finished it was reccomended to me to do pleats? or something to make the bottom fuller (as it holds very little now). If anyone else tries this take pictures for me!
6. I handsewed the records to the felt, and then sewed a lining! (just trace the record and felt piece and add seam allowance)
7. I made the handles for this but you can buy them (i didn't feel like shelling out 6 bucks ahahahha ) Basically I put dollar store beads on floral wire, poked a two holes in the top and pushed the wire through (the wire i used was thin but not needle thin so I also heated a bit of galvanized (think fences) wire (which is thicker) and pushed that through too!
8. Hot glue handles down, hot glue sewn lining in and handstitch around the top!
oh also I hot glued felt to the record pieces after piercing them. I thought this would alter the records but thankfully it didn't!
Thank you everyone for your kind words! I am glad you enjoy this and hope you all make them! Although my fingertips seriously are almost bleeding
Also: Make sure to use a needle with a thin eye while sewing the records, if the hole is too small it will snap the eye! I used embroidery floss by the way (three strands).
If anyone has any other questions feel free to ask!
If you need a diagram to make it easier I could probably do that too