I don't really have a pattern for the Halter Top. But I can try to explain what I did. Writing crochet patterns is confusing for me...I am more of a "do-er." So, here is my rough directions on how I made the top...
Under the "boobs" measurement (ribcage area) is approx 30" This can be adjusted by adding my center "granny squares." I used 5 of them. The squares I crocheted are approx. 6 inches. (you can find a ton of them here (http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/6in_squares.php
) I did not use a pattern for my squares.
I made 5 "granny squares" and sewed them together into a strip. I connected the last one to the first one to form a loop, around the ribcage area. I set it aside and began the cups of the top. (which are made for a C cup, can be made smaller or larger by adding more rows to it, or subtracting them.)
For the cup, I think I chained 17 stitches, TR
in 4th chain from hook and TR
until you get to the last stitch. Into the last stitch, DC 3. Don't turn, Continue down the the other side of the chain,TR
in all sts.
Chain 3, TURN, TR
in each across, in the center stitch, where you DC'ed 3 stitch before, DC 3 sts again and continue to TR
down other side. (it makes a "U")
Continue in this way until you reach the cup size you like. The more rows, the larger the cup will be. The way I sized it...hold it up the the intended "boob."
I finsihed the cups and picked up the body "loop" again. I DC'ed two rounds at the top, before sewing the cups on the piece. It sort of makes a flat band and adds some interest, under the cups. I also added 3 rounds of DC's along the bottom edge for the trim. You can add more if you wish your top to be longer. Oh, and lastly, I chained 100 stitches at the middle top of each cup for the halter tie, around the neck.
And that is pretty much it, really. I hope that I explained this okay and managed not confuse anyone. I can't remember an entry where I mention the word "boob" so much. How embarassing...LOL!
-----------------------------------------------------------I edited the tutorial, girls. I made the corrections in RED
That was entirely my mistake. I learned to crochet with Euro/German instructions. And TR is a DC in German patterns. Heh!
Sorry. Ok, the cups should come out okay now.