A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
688 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rainbow Halter Top  (Read 14646 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rilana

Punk Rock Knitter!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 08, 2006 09:04:46 AM »

I don't crochet too much anymore. I was a crocheter before I learned to knit. Knitting has taken over, for the past 3 years. I decided that yesterday, I would crochet a halter top for my oldest daughter, for summer. It took me one day from beginning to end. I forgot how much fun it is to crochet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/isis2/163044399/

Sorry, for posting the link to the photo, rather than the photo itself. I hope this is okay?

Oh yes, the details of the top are on there too.

Thanks for looking.  Grin

Rilana
THIS ROCKS   Logged
casmir

Bobbilicious on ravelry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006 09:43:17 AM »

That is really beautiful and summery. Do you have a pattern? My daughter would love one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dewbaby00
Check this out...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006 09:45:57 AM »

My daughter would love one too how did you do the cup part?Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewMuch4Kids

My Reality Check bounced.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006 10:31:11 AM »

That is really realy pretty.

Very summery. 

You do nice work.  Wish I could crochet or knit! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
TinkB
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006 10:37:26 AM »

Can you please post a step by step tut Smiley Id love to have one Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rilana

Punk Rock Knitter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006 11:49:16 AM »

I don't really have a pattern for the Halter Top. But I can try to explain what I did. Writing crochet patterns is confusing for me...I am more of a "do-er." So, here is my rough directions on how I made the top...

General Info:
Under the "boobs" measurement (ribcage area) is approx 30" This can be adjusted by adding my center "granny squares." I used 5 of them. The squares I crocheted are approx. 6 inches. (you can find a ton of them here (http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/6in_squares.php) I did not use a pattern for my squares.

I made 5 "granny squares" and sewed them together into a strip. I connected the last one to the first one to form a loop, around the ribcage area. I set it aside and began the cups of the top. (which are made for a C cup, can be made smaller or larger by adding more rows to it, or subtracting them.)

For the cup, I think I chained 17 stitches, TR in 4th chain from hook and TR until you get to the last stitch. Into the last stitch, DC 3. Don't turn, Continue down the the other side of the chain,TR in all sts.

Chain 3, TURN, TR in each across, in the center stitch, where you DC'ed 3 stitch before, DC 3 sts again and continue to TR down other side. (it makes a "U")

Continue in this way until you reach the cup size you like. The more rows, the larger the cup will be. The way I sized it...hold it up the the intended "boob."  Grin

I finsihed the cups and picked up the body "loop" again. I DC'ed two rounds at the top, before sewing the cups on the piece. It sort of makes a flat band and adds some interest, under the cups. I also added 3 rounds of DC's along the bottom edge for the trim. You can add more if you wish your top to be longer. Oh, and lastly, I chained 100 stitches at the middle top of each cup for the halter tie, around the neck.

And that is pretty much it, really. I hope that I explained this okay and managed not confuse anyone. I can't remember an entry where I mention the word "boob" so much. How embarassing...LOL!  Tongue

-----------------------------------------------------------

I edited the tutorial, girls. I made the corrections in RED That was entirely my mistake. I learned to crochet with Euro/German instructions. And TR is a DC in German patterns. Heh!  Grin Sorry. Ok, the cups should come out okay now.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006 10:16:30 AM by rilana » THIS ROCKS   Logged
magpiefroggy
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006 12:55:46 PM »

You did a fantastic job : Shocked I'm gonna try making one for my daughter. thank's for the instructions
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006 07:33:37 PM »

yeah that halter is beautiful I may make one for myself but of course in a different color. I love the color you used and I have that color I may just make oh don't know something out of that color but I will make something out of that color. You did awesome on it though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

http://li-lis-page.blogspot.com
TinkB
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006 07:51:57 PM »

I Started Mine, Its gonna be a Mint green color Smiley When I am done Ill post pics Smiley thatnks for the tut Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eirle

Ph.D. complete. Back to crafting!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006 09:16:05 AM »

What a great mom! I bet your daughter loves it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Dare to Dream. Dare to believe in what is possible and instill in others the same sense of possibility." -C. Fiorina 2004
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Wind The Bobbin On Your Machine
How to Use an Embroidery Hoop
How to Make a Basting Stitch
How to Back Stitch
How to Wrap a Difficult Item
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...