A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 305,897
Currently Running With Scissors:
540 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: hippy wedding? dress help needed  (Read 4919 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

anniefee
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006 07:38:14 AM »

hahahaha, see, that was part of my problem, barefootchick - i didn't think about anything beforehand!  Wink as the plans started going, my husband and i decided what we really absolutely had to have and what we could be flexible with. most of our requirements were with the reception and with the music in the ceremony. our only other must-have was communion. as far as everything else went, i really didn't care so much and so was happy to make all the mothers and family happy. looking back, i see some things that i realize i would have preferred one way or another, but since i didn't really think about my wedding before the actual day i never thought about those details!

so, in the end, yay for you for thinking about it now! it gives you time to think it all through and plan and decide and to tell people what you want and what you don't want. i was happy with how everything turned out and i know you will be too, when the time comes. but for now, keep dreaming! Smiley

wow, i didn't mean to write a book. like i said, weddings are now one of my favorite things! i hope all this has helped you in some way, rented_angel.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." Teddy Roosevelt

http://annieisabel.etsy.com
gooti
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006 01:00:29 PM »

Hope it's not too late to chime in.   Smiley

I don't consider myself a hippy, but I do have hippyish tendancies when it comes to clothing.  I didn't want anything fussy for my wedding, but I also wanted to be a bit elegant, so I picked out a Burda pattern (I don't know the number, sorry) and my Mama made my dress for me.  This pic is kinda crappy, but I think you get the idea.  It has a cowl neck and is made of reversible satin (shiny on one side, matte on the other).  Most of it is made from the mate side with an diagonal insert of the shiny.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
francie pants
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006 10:00:57 PM »

gooti! i love your dress.  its so unique.  i've got mine posted elsewhere, but it looked a lot like anniefee's dress.  i went into that wedding determined to have it be our way.  in the end, the guys were in tuxes instead of the guatemalen shirts and hemp pants that i'd envisioned.  dad made his case by pointing out that being his youngest, it would be his last chance to ever wear a tux.  and we gave in on the bare feet.  barefoot in a tux wouldn't work for rob and my mom was terrified i'd hurt myself.  so i gave in to ballet slippers.  there were a few other things but i don't even remember them now so they didn't matter.  plus, we had a second ceremony when we took our honeymoon.  it was a good ol hippie wedding in the mud and sunshine of max yasgur's farm by the original woodstock site.  the best of both worlds.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How To Make Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
How to Make Cheesy Potatoes in a Dutch Oven
How to Make Tater Tot Grilled Cheese
How to Make a Classic Smashed Cheeseburger
Burger King Extra Long Jalapeno Cheeseburger
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Patriotic Table
Craft Challenge #114 - Pick It and Craft It!
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Paper Stars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...