A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,187
Currently Running With Scissors:
380 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft HARRY POTTER for our kids?  (Read 1167 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beautifulloser
« on: June 07, 2006 08:01:12 PM »

Hey, I've had a lot of fun crafting for the Harry Potter swaps, but not only me, my 7 year old son has watched me each step of the way. He loves looking at new posts with pictures from the Harry Potter swaps. 

I was thinking that it would be cool, if there are other parents who would like to do a swap where we would trade Harry Potter stuff, but for their swap partner's kid/kids? Some ideas are wands, capes, wizard hats, spell books, tshirts, dolls, to name a few off the top of my head. It seems like there are some fun make-believe type items that we could craft, that kid's would use/appriciate more than adults. I know my son would love to recieve a swap package!

There are a couple Harry Potter swaps on right now, but maybe mid summer? What do you think?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006 05:02:42 PM by beautifulloser » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006 04:10:59 PM »

I think it's a great idea!!!  Ihave 4 kids, all of whom coulduse a little HP goodness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
zenochka
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006 07:05:47 PM »

I would love to be in this! My 7 1/2 yr old would love it! He even has his own wand lol!
Cheryl
THIS ROCKS   Logged

employed = hardly any time to sew :-(
Tanza
Angel in the making....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006 03:55:02 AM »

sounds good to me
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
Ezri_B
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006 06:10:44 AM »

I would be interested in this too. I unfortunately wouldn't be able to do it right now, I have way too much work to really get done. Sometime in July/August would be great for me though. I don't know if you all would want to wait that long.

I have 3 boys who all LOVE HP! My youngest (5) is an expert, and will yell at people who have only seen the movies, because their views of Harry Potter things aren't "right" It's hilarious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kityeyes
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006 09:09:35 AM »

i LOVE this idea. i dont have kids of my own but i watch my cousins girls 5 days a week pretty much all day and before they seen the movies they knew who and what harry potter is from me reading the books all the time and they even know harry potter from the font from the cover of the books lol. they are a bit younger....2 and 3 but they LOVE harry potter..thats all they watch when you ask them what movie and they know who everyone is too..its really funny watching the 2 year old tell her mom whos who...
so anyways i would love to do this if i could..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beautifulloser
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006 04:01:55 PM »

I would be interested in this too. I unfortunately wouldn't be able to do it right now, I have way too much work to really get done. Sometime in July/August would be great for me though. I don't know if you all would want to wait that long.

later in the summer is deffinately better for me, too. I was thinking of opening sign-ups in late July, if that works for everyone else.

Kityeyes-   we'd love to have you, too. I think we should have it open not only to parents, but aunts, older sibblings, etc, as long as they have some special child/children in mind.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beautifulloser
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006 08:52:18 AM »

I'd love to start this swap soon, if there is still interest. I have a lot of ideas! We just went to a harry potter party last week, and i made them (7yr. old twins) each a harry potter tyhemed package with lots of treats, jackets, shirts, necklaces, potions bottles and ingridients, wands, and stickers, i guess i went a little overboard, but they're my son's best friends, and i love making harry potter stuff! Anyway, i had a lot of other ideas too, i'd love to make some for this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScrapperCL
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006 09:18:47 PM »

I would love to do this swap. I have 3 girls who are HP crazy. Let me know when sign ups are. It would be a great end of summer project for us.
CL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beautifulloser
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006 10:41:13 PM »

Yay! I'm going to start sign-ups soon, I'm anxious to craft!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rock Fish in Cilantro Sauce Recipe
How to Make Chili Cinnamon Salmon with Mango Salsa Part 2/2
How to Make Smoked Salmon Hash Part 2/2
How to Make Smoked Salmon Hash Part 1/2
How to Make Salmon Breakfast Bruschetta
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...