A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,544
Currently Running With Scissors:
544 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Brea Purse from Berocco  (Read 15531 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FluffyMonkey
i feel my fate in what i cannot fear

The creative mind plays with what it loves

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2006 04:16:06 PM »

That looks lovely! Did you find that it was sturdy enough to not line it? I think I may need to make this bag soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There are two kinds of strengths: the strength to lead, and the strength to follow; the strength to control, and the strength to yield. There are two kinds of power: the power to strip another's soul bare, and the power to stand naked."
~Yaldah Tovah

On Ravelry! Look me up; there I'm baela.
krafty_kelly
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2006 09:32:25 AM »

Its probably sturdy enough, but I lined mine since I find with knitted purses, things tend to get caught in the knitting.  ie keys.

Check out Wootwoot's post www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=16739935.0

She gives a very good explaination on how to line it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wootwoot

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2006 10:56:24 AM »

krafty_kelly, that looks really great!  I love the color and the tweediness of the yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krafty_kelly
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2006 05:34:29 PM »

Awww, thanks !!! I love it too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

juniperl13
The one with the stripes

you look like lunch to me! ^_^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2006 04:24:21 PM »

I spontaneously started this the other day and finished an entire side a couple of hours later. I started the other side but got distracted by lacy little cotton camisoles. Pictures will come tomorrow, hopefully.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

Also, I have a blog at  http://neglectedblog.blogspot.com/
daniellezz
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2006 10:32:10 AM »

I really want to make this bag for me mom.  But I am nervous about a couple of things.  One- the pattern for the gusset. I don't understand the inc row/dec row. Could someone help me get this?Two- I 've never crocheted before.  Is this something a knitter can easily learn? And do you just do that around the edges and Then sew the pieces together regularly?

Usually I end up really 'getting' a pattern after I start making it. I am more of a visual learner and lack those spacial thinking skills to visualize the FO beforehand. BUT I want to make sure I understand this before I start. Thank you!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wootwoot

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2006 11:05:49 AM »

I really want to make this bag for me mom.  But I am nervous about a couple of things.  One- the pattern for the gusset. I don't understand the inc row/dec row. Could someone help me get this?Two- I 've never crocheted before.  Is this something a knitter can easily learn? And do you just do that around the edges and Then sew the pieces together regularly?

Usually I end up really 'getting' a pattern after I start making it. I am more of a visual learner and lack those spacial thinking skills to visualize the FO beforehand. BUT I want to make sure I understand this before I start. Thank you!!!

What's your question about the gusset?  The gusset is a long strip with each end narrowed by the inc/dec rows so that it fits through the metal loops on the handle.

The single crochet that the purse calls for is really easy.  I'm not much of a crocheter, but I have no problem with this.  It's also a good skill to have in knitting because crochet can be a very pretty way to join your pieces.  In this purse, that's what you do.  There's no sewing, the crochet is what holds your purse together.  There's a really nice tutorial on that here:

http://chezplum.com/tutorial-single-crochet-seam/ 

Hope that helps!  It's a really fun knit. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

daniellezz
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2006 07:35:55 PM »

ooookk! Thanks for the response, wootwoot! I just bought some yarn- lambs pride bulky- and I am going to start!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juniperl13
The one with the stripes

you look like lunch to me! ^_^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2006 01:53:35 PM »

Oh. I......er.....finis hed this a couple of weeks ago.

Sewing in that lining took bloody well forever, mostly because handsewing and I do not get along well at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

Also, I have a blog at  http://neglectedblog.blogspot.com/
natalia__m
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2006 01:58:30 PM »

I'm in. I'm going to knit it and if I don't like it that much I'm going to give it to my brother's girlfriend for xmas. haha. Or just knit two. I hope it's not too hard because I'm not that great at following patterns. I hope someone can help me out if I get stuck. I have some brown yarn that might do. Alrighty. Well. Wish me luck. Haha.

-natalia
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Maintain Your Diet During the Summer
Chuck Thompson on College Football in the South
David Maraniss on the Untold Story of Barack Obama
Katherine Stansfield Performs Her Poem "Oh Bees of Rhode Island"
Robert Whiting Offers a Look Inside Yakuza Culture
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...