A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,792
Currently Running With Scissors:
794 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Problem with your machine? CHECK HERE FIRST! How to properly insert your bobbin.  (Read 58284 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beba17
« Reply #270 on: January 13, 2012 06:50:54 PM »

Help!! i own 2 sewing machines, the one i'm having trouble with was working fine until i changed the thread and the bobbin, i inserted, when i sew the bobbin's thread is all tangled up i looked up how i was supposed to inserted and that's how i did it and it still doing that. when i got it, it didn't have a bobbin case, plus if i get one for it it doesn't fit...what should i do please!!!

Hey there.

I bet if you look at your bobbin, it will be wound a little wonky? Nothing that will be obvious at first glance, but will once you look at the bobbin for a moment. If your threads are not lined up like soldiers, straight up, straight down and even on all ends. If you have a cone shape to your bobbin, unwind it by hand and then rewind it by machine. Just hold the thread in one hand and guide it up and down the bobbin as it rewinds itself.

Don't forget to read the first post in this thread!!!

If this does not solve your problem, are you using a new needle?

Thnxs i take a look at it...the bobbin was done with the machine i did it i watch it and i did it all again with 3 different bobbins and it still did it...its a new needle...this started when i changed the thread color i needed a new color 4 a new project and that's when all started to happen
THIS ROCKS   Logged
namasunrise
« Reply #271 on: February 26, 2013 10:03:26 AM »

Would love to thank all you very help full ladies on here. I have been given my moms old machine because she could not use it any more. When i received it the thread kept bunching and no matter what i did i could not fix it. Then after reading this thread today I pulled the machine out of storage and tried re threading it, Then i pulled that sucker completely apart and found that it was caked in fluff from years of use. I cleaned it and adjusted the stitching size and it now works like a new machine. Thank you again ladies for helping me fix my machine. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Craftica
« Reply #272 on: February 26, 2013 11:12:48 AM »

Try clean the ring around the bobin (where you put the bobin). This is the case with my machine. Or you need to  adjust the tension of the thread, and as previously written, change the needle.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: February 26, 2013 11:27:09 AM »

Would love to thank all you very help full ladies on here. I have been given my moms old machine because she could not use it any more. When i received it the thread kept bunching and no matter what i did i could not fix it. Then after reading this thread today I pulled the machine out of storage and tried re threading it, Then i pulled that sucker completely apart and found that it was caked in fluff from years of use. I cleaned it and adjusted the stitching size and it now works like a new machine. Thank you again ladies for helping me fix my machine. 

Awesome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SpaceBob5000
« Reply #274 on: March 07, 2014 05:37:36 AM »

Are you sure the thread is going through the needle in the correct direction? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Frozen Yogurt Banana Split Recipe
Memorial Day Cocktails: A Tiki Drink for a Hot Summer
How to Make Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
How to Make a Georgia Peach Pie
How to Make Homemade Fondant and Decorative Daisies
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...