A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,111
Currently Running With Scissors:
690 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Problem with your machine? CHECK HERE FIRST! How to properly insert your bobbin.  (Read 56581 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

primashonna

Chuck Norris doesn't sleep... he waits...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2006 07:47:55 AM »

I think my problem was fixed with re-threading... and I rethreaded the exact same way... so I'm not exactly sure what was fixed... but it was... weird...
thanks for the suggestions and help!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-red
"we're talking to phil collins's people... but then again, aren't we all?" (hedwig and the angry inch)

"of course, the bob loblaw law blog... you, sir, are a mouthfull!" (arrested development)

www.shonnamceachern .com
rostitchery

almost perfect is good enough

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2006 07:53:05 AM »

loops on the bottom mean something is wrong with the needle thread.  if rethreading the machine takes care of the problem, it means that the thread was not seated properly in the tension assembly, and when rethreaded it was.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

who i am: www.ella-echo.com
what i do:  www.rostitchery.com

"when was the last time you did something for the first time?"
eskimokisses4mme

the worlds a stage im the actor designing wardrobe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2006 10:09:02 AM »

funny..i was just about to come on here and ask the saem exact thing.
ive tried rethreading and tension adustments...
its not working though.
Im also very new to using the machine((up till now ive always just done it by hand))
but ive read the book ((not very helpful i have to add))
maybe its the bobbin
yesterday i had the same prob and i dont know what i did to fix it...
but it did it again so im not sure...

who knew this stuff was so complicated...
lol

<3brit
THIS ROCKS   Logged

she is cool. :]]
myspace-www.myspace.com/britneyzprofile

"...&&i think the girl's cats were gay, cuz they were always spooning in the window, and licking eachother and criticizing the way i dress."
-Mike Birbiglia. he loved E and hated water.

LOOOOVE him LONG time. <33
twistbarbie
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2006 11:29:55 AM »

This is my sewing machine:

No matter how I fix the tention and stitches, the under side of the stitches are always messy and loose and tangled

Am I doing something wrong or do i have a crappy sewing machine? The top side of the stitch is usually okay, sometimes getting really tight and scrunching the fabric up. It also gets thread trangled and jams a lot.

Help!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006 08:28:51 AM by twistbarbie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

and oh! the smell as candles die..
vampirebunny
Fashion student *sniggers* The fashion!

I miss hair.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2006 11:33:44 AM »

Mine does the same loopy underneath thing but I think it's just because I've messed with the tension or something, I'm gonna have to really tighten up the bottom because the top's so tight trying to compensate that the thread keeps breaking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for personal swaps if you are Wink
supastarr
Screen Printed Stuff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2006 07:56:47 PM »

i can't see the pics, but i had a weird tension thing for a really long time. switch out your bobbins for different sizes. i know it sounds crazy, but it worked on my machine.  and if you are using a plastic bobbin, toss it. I had so much trouble with plastic, get the metal kind.

Hope this helps!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.supastarr.com
supastarr.etsy.com
beetlepose
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2006 12:11:03 AM »

What type of fabric are you sewing with?  Sometimes it's the needle.  I had a similar problem with some really stretchy pleated fabric and I needed to use a micro fibre needle.  I agree with supastarr metal bobbins are the way to go.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2006 12:31:41 AM »

ok so i help people with sewing machines at work a lot so i'm going to list the most common problems i fix. 1 make ABSOLUTELY sure everything is threaded properly, the bobbin is the right size, and the bobbin is threaded clockwise or counterclockwise according to your machine directions. 2 make sure if you are using a basic home machine that you are NOT using upholstery thread or button/craft thread, but that you are using all purpose thread, the larger thread jams machines up, it really works better for industrial or heavy duty machines, also make sure you are not using 50 cent thread, there is a reason 50 cent thread is 50 cents, it is crap. 3 thread your machine and bobbin and then rotate your needle up and down and watch the bobbin case, is the thread catching on anything? is it making a fluid motion? If the thread is catching you may want to take the bobbin out and feel around and see what is jagged or catching the thread.  whew ok i hope this helped!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
RosemaryAnn
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2006 02:57:24 PM »

I bet you 10 imaginary dollars, you just need to change your needle. You need to change your needle every project. Yes, you do. FOR FUTURE REFRENCE. Do not, ever, mess, with, the , tension. EVVVERRR. Just get someone else to do it who knows how for sure. the only way tension gets screwed up enough to mess with it is if you throw your machine down the steps. I'm serious. So, change your needle, and re thread your machine. Hope I helped!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kirstyd
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2006 06:02:33 PM »

The other thing that seriously messes up stitch quality is LINT. You MUST clean your macine regularly (like every time you change the bobbin - yes, that often!). Remove the needle plate and bobbin case and thoroughly remove every skerrick of fluff. I've twice had women in classes who thought they had UNDERFELT under the needle plate. It was compacted lint, because they had never cleaned under there! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

today was good, today was fun, tomorrow is another one.   Dr Suess

my blog http://pompomrouge.wordpress.com/    my website www.pompomrouge.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Floral Centerpiece
How to Make a Jigsaw Puzzle
How to Make a Suncatcher
How to Make a Paper Glider
How to Make a Paper Bag Puppet of Yourself
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...