A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,038
Currently Running With Scissors:
459 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bellydance belt tutorial **revised to be more clarified & w/ better pics**  (Read 34221 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , belly_dance , tassel , belt , tribal , bellydance , corset  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kasihime
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2009 10:58:18 PM »

I also belly dance and make costumes.
Here is a bra I made for my teacher.  I was rather proud to see her in it on a flyer around town.

That's gorgeous! You did a fantastic job!!! I've only made one bra. It was one week of HELL! I'm super proud of it though! Bras are quite an undertaking!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009 02:17:43 AM by kasihime » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kasihime
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2009 11:02:12 PM »

Thanks for posting this. It combines my crochet and bellydance, my two major addictions! I want to make this belt in a cotton yarn, do you think one of those little skeins of Sugar n' Cream in each color would be enough? (I'm asking before I go to the store, because I don't have much money, and I don't want to overbuy.) I'm making my costume in black, with red, purple, and gold accents. When I (finally) get it finished, I'll post pics!

It took me a little over  2/3 of a skein of each color I used. (I used 2 colors.) So I used the larger skeins of the Red Heart Super Saver yarn. So I'm not sure how that would translate into the cotton yarn. I would probably get 2-3 skeins of each color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ayperi
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2009 05:22:26 PM »

that is neat. As a dancer and a broke college student and other things, its so hard to find cheap accesories. many times i reuse old dresses and add a hipscarf for an outfit. my fav is the a-symmetrical prom dress and a silver coin belt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn is Just to Love and be Loved in Return
kasihime
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2009 01:17:59 AM »

that is neat. As a dancer and a broke college student and other things, its so hard to find cheap accesories. many times i reuse old dresses and add a hipscarf for an outfit. my fav is the a-symmetrical prom dress and a silver coin belt.

Thank you! I was in the exact same boat as you when I made that belt! Now I'm just a broke college graduate. Trying to become a broke graduate student. This belt was seriously just the cost of 2 skeins of yarn and a fair amount of time to make it! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thequeenmel
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2009 03:16:34 PM »

This is excellent!  When a get a little more advanced I will try this!  Thanks so much for sharing!

Peace,
Melanie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2010 05:18:14 AM »

Beautiful belt Kasihime! I've just started crocheting it...I was wondering how you did your darts? I've just learnt the Tunisian double sided Afghan stitch so that I can start it, but I can't find any information about creating the sort of dart increase your illustration shows...am I missing something?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RissaTS

I create..therefore I exist...

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2010 06:06:59 AM »

Beautiful belt Kasihime! I've just started crocheting it...I was wondering how you did your darts? I've just learnt the Tunisian double sided Afghan stitch so that I can start it, but I can't find any information about creating the sort of dart increase your illustration shows...am I missing something?  Wink

Hehe..

Glad im not the ONLY one having issues with the darts..

Im in the middle of researching that right now myself!!

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Samsara

« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2010 07:07:31 AM »

Beautiful belt Kasihime! I've just started crocheting it...I was wondering how you did your darts? I've just learnt the Tunisian double sided Afghan stitch so that I can start it, but I can't find any information about creating the sort of dart increase your illustration shows...am I missing something?  Wink

Hehe..

Glad im not the ONLY one having issues with the darts..

Im in the middle of researching that right now myself!!

Grin

*lol* I researched for ages and couldn't find an answer online, so I kinda botched my way through it Rissa, after a bit of puzzling, I created a dart by picking up 5 stitches at the beginning of a row, then casting them off again so I went backwards, then picked them up again and carried on till the end of the row. Does that make sense? It created a dart anyway! Grin
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010 07:08:13 AM by Samsara » THIS ROCKS   Logged

RissaTS

I create..therefore I exist...

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2010 11:25:18 PM »

*lol* I researched for ages and couldn't find an answer online, so I kinda botched my way through it Rissa, after a bit of puzzling, I created a dart by picking up 5 stitches at the beginning of a row, then casting them off again so I went backwards, then picked them up again and carried on till the end of the row. Does that make sense? It created a dart anyway! Grin

As strange as that sounds..it does kinda sorta make sense.

Thanks a lot for the feedback!!! That does help!  Grin

*gets back to work on belt!*  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Samsara

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2010 11:46:42 PM »

Good luck! I've done the back and front now and I'm just on the sort of netting bit (in between swap projects!Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Traditional Baked Easter Ham
How to Make Corn Dogs
How to Make Corn Chowder
How to Make Deep Fried Beer
How to Make a Grilled Cheese Sandwich with an Iron
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...