A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,719
Currently Running With Scissors:
764 Guests and 50 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bellydance belt tutorial **revised to be more clarified & w/ better pics**  (Read 33900 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , belly_dance , tassel , belt , tribal , bellydance , corset  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kasihime
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2009 10:58:18 PM »

I also belly dance and make costumes.
Here is a bra I made for my teacher.  I was rather proud to see her in it on a flyer around town.

That's gorgeous! You did a fantastic job!!! I've only made one bra. It was one week of HELL! I'm super proud of it though! Bras are quite an undertaking!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009 02:17:43 AM by kasihime » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kasihime
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2009 11:02:12 PM »

Thanks for posting this. It combines my crochet and bellydance, my two major addictions! I want to make this belt in a cotton yarn, do you think one of those little skeins of Sugar n' Cream in each color would be enough? (I'm asking before I go to the store, because I don't have much money, and I don't want to overbuy.) I'm making my costume in black, with red, purple, and gold accents. When I (finally) get it finished, I'll post pics!

It took me a little over  2/3 of a skein of each color I used. (I used 2 colors.) So I used the larger skeins of the Red Heart Super Saver yarn. So I'm not sure how that would translate into the cotton yarn. I would probably get 2-3 skeins of each color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ayperi
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2009 05:22:26 PM »

that is neat. As a dancer and a broke college student and other things, its so hard to find cheap accesories. many times i reuse old dresses and add a hipscarf for an outfit. my fav is the a-symmetrical prom dress and a silver coin belt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn is Just to Love and be Loved in Return
kasihime
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2009 01:17:59 AM »

that is neat. As a dancer and a broke college student and other things, its so hard to find cheap accesories. many times i reuse old dresses and add a hipscarf for an outfit. my fav is the a-symmetrical prom dress and a silver coin belt.

Thank you! I was in the exact same boat as you when I made that belt! Now I'm just a broke college graduate. Trying to become a broke graduate student. This belt was seriously just the cost of 2 skeins of yarn and a fair amount of time to make it! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thequeenmel
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2009 03:16:34 PM »

This is excellent!  When a get a little more advanced I will try this!  Thanks so much for sharing!

Peace,
Melanie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2010 05:18:14 AM »

Beautiful belt Kasihime! I've just started crocheting it...I was wondering how you did your darts? I've just learnt the Tunisian double sided Afghan stitch so that I can start it, but I can't find any information about creating the sort of dart increase your illustration shows...am I missing something?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RissaTS

I create..therefore I exist...

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2010 06:06:59 AM »

Beautiful belt Kasihime! I've just started crocheting it...I was wondering how you did your darts? I've just learnt the Tunisian double sided Afghan stitch so that I can start it, but I can't find any information about creating the sort of dart increase your illustration shows...am I missing something?  Wink

Hehe..

Glad im not the ONLY one having issues with the darts..

Im in the middle of researching that right now myself!!

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Samsara

« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2010 07:07:31 AM »

Beautiful belt Kasihime! I've just started crocheting it...I was wondering how you did your darts? I've just learnt the Tunisian double sided Afghan stitch so that I can start it, but I can't find any information about creating the sort of dart increase your illustration shows...am I missing something?  Wink

Hehe..

Glad im not the ONLY one having issues with the darts..

Im in the middle of researching that right now myself!!

Grin

*lol* I researched for ages and couldn't find an answer online, so I kinda botched my way through it Rissa, after a bit of puzzling, I created a dart by picking up 5 stitches at the beginning of a row, then casting them off again so I went backwards, then picked them up again and carried on till the end of the row. Does that make sense? It created a dart anyway! Grin
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010 07:08:13 AM by Samsara » THIS ROCKS   Logged

RissaTS

I create..therefore I exist...

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2010 11:25:18 PM »

*lol* I researched for ages and couldn't find an answer online, so I kinda botched my way through it Rissa, after a bit of puzzling, I created a dart by picking up 5 stitches at the beginning of a row, then casting them off again so I went backwards, then picked them up again and carried on till the end of the row. Does that make sense? It created a dart anyway! Grin

As strange as that sounds..it does kinda sorta make sense.

Thanks a lot for the feedback!!! That does help!  Grin

*gets back to work on belt!*  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Samsara

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2010 11:46:42 PM »

Good luck! I've done the back and front now and I'm just on the sort of netting bit (in between swap projects!Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Make Turkey Burgers
Learn how to Make Cucumber and String Bean Salad with Olive Tapenade Dressing
Learn how to Cook Dill and Feta Turkey Burgers with Cucumber and String Bean Salad
Learn how to Make Fried Chicken Steak Sandwich with Homemade Onion Rings
Learn how to Make Fried Chicken Steak with Mashed Potatoes and White Gravy
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...