A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,553
Currently Running With Scissors:
640 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bellydance belt tutorial **revised to be more clarified & w/ better pics**  (Read 34813 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , belly_dance , tassel , belt , tribal , bellydance , corset  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jan_on_ice

oh how i wish i was a fish...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006 05:41:31 AM »

Those are awesome - your friend sure is lucky!
Now that I finally have a job and can afford to go back to belly dance lessons I think I will have to make me something like those!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

***Truly Outrageous!!***
mrgrita
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006 10:24:48 AM »

Super cute!
I'm into ATS bellydance and I made my tribal bra.  Here's a pic:
I've done a few crocheted fringe belts, too, and have pictures at www.toohip.etsy.com
Smiley
~margarita
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006 10:34:21 AM by mrgrita » THIS ROCKS   Logged

AriesEJ
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006 11:57:50 AM »

Holy Wow!
And mrgrita--amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kasihime
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006 12:29:37 PM »

Hey all... I'm working on throwing together some directions on how to make the belt. I've got to warn you though.... They're going to be pretty  ghetto.... I made a lot of the belt up as I went along.

Mrgrita that's a great tribal bra!!!  I'm starting ATS classes tonight. I've had some classes in egyptian Cab and turkish cab.... But I was having a hard time with the instructor's teaching style...

do you have any advice on how to construct one??? I've wanted to but I haven't been brave enough to attempt it yet. I'm actually going to try my hand at cowrie falls  sometime this week...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lvb56003
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006 01:23:13 PM »

I love it!!!! It is soooo beautiful.  All of your work is, I can't wait to see the next piece you make.

Leeanne
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AmyKT5
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006 03:11:06 PM »

I want one of your Bellydance Belts!  They're really cool.  Lucky friend.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mrgrita
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2006 03:23:40 PM »

do you have any advice on how to construct one??? I've wanted to but I haven't been brave enough to attempt it yet. I'm actually going to try my hand at cowrie falls  sometime this week...
I just kinda took an old supportive bra and went for it!  Everything is hand sewn on and the sleeves are just a detachable shrug I tuck into the bra.  There are lots of sites with advice, but I have to suggest this tribe: http://tribalcostuming.tribe.net/ as amazingly informative. 
Make sure you let us see the results and have a fun class!
~margarita
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shsh
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2006 07:00:33 PM »

that is really a stand out piece, very lovely! i don't think i'll share with my daughter, she'll be bugging me to make it for her!! i love it. mucho talent.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When people have lost their authentic personal taste, they lose their personality and become the instruments of other people's wills.--Robert Graves

http://www.flickr.com/photos/moonrhythm/
http://del.icio.us/dandelion
kasihime
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2006 02:36:07 PM »

I'm currently rethreading my coin belt for belly--every time I'd shimmy about eighteen coins would fly off.  Since I'm going to be teaching a little next year, that might be somewhat embarrassing.  I also have friends who made their own bling, and modified lots of other things to fit their belly style.  I like yours quite a lot!

THANKS! I use "Fray Check" all my coin scarves before I wear them. It's HELPED A LOT. I highly reccomend it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kasihime
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2006 02:37:53 PM »

I just kinda took an old supportive bra and went for it!  Everything is hand sewn on and the sleeves are just a detachable shrug I tuck into the bra.  There are lots of sites with advice, but I have to suggest this tribe: http://tribalcostuming.tribe.net/ as amazingly informative. 
Make sure you let us see the results and have a fun class!
~margarita

OOOh! I think I might already belong to that tribe...It's just so hard to keep up w/ all the stuff that goes on there. SOoooooo many posts to read! Thanks for the info!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a 3D Text Effect in Photoshop CS3
How to Create a Brushed Metal Texture in Photoshop CS3
How to Create a Chrome Metal Text Effect in Photoshop CS3
How to Create a Custom Color Palette From an Image in Fireworks CS3
How to Create a Glossy Text Effect in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...