A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,161
Currently Running With Scissors:
502 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sea Swap Gallery!  (Read 22191 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

catpants

viva la hamsterpants! may he rest in peace.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2006 07:29:37 AM »

those jellyfish pics are incredible!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetestangel
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2006 07:54:38 AM »

Modus,

Your aquarium so beats the pants off the two aquariums that I am closest too.  Though Moody gardens might give it a run for it's money, it used to have a stinray petting pool, but now has horseshoe crabs that you can pet!  I got to tag along on a MAJORLY discounted field trip my daughter went on.  I have cuttlefish pictures!  Your pics are gorgeous though which really was the whole point of this post.  Great framing on the pictures, and how did you manage to not get that horrible glare from the glass? 

Everyone, I am so anxious to see what everyone made! All the swaps I have seen on here are so amazing and I know this one wil be too! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Why do some people think being a parent is only something to do when it is convenient for you?
Modus Operandi
Paint Hussie

handpainted and repurposed vintage items

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2006 08:24:03 AM »

Well the jellyfish were isolated by themselves in a dark room, and lit from the inside with a blacklight and regular light. There weren't any other exhibits or lights (or people) around close by either, so you could stand as close or far away from the tank and still get great lighting with no glare. The lionfish was thru the glass with a macro lens.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shops! http://www.enamor.etsy.com

enamorweddingshttp://www.enamorweddings.etsy.com

Pinteresthttp
sweetestangel
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2006 08:37:36 AM »

OOOOOhh! You have a real good camera!  My future m-i-l has an amazing Nikon d-100 and all the lens that go with it I think, (she is addicted to lens the way I am to crafting). My poor little camera is just a Kodak digital. 

You did a great job though! Even with good camera and subject it takes talent to get pictures like those!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Why do some people think being a parent is only something to do when it is convenient for you?
tenrec

*adaptive*radiation*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2006 08:44:39 AM »

Those are great jellyfish pictures, and the lionfish is especially good.  Nice camera work!

I've been to a lot of aquaria, but I was completely spoiled by the Monterey Bay Aquarium, which has practially ruined most other places for me.  My dh used to work for MBA Research Institute, so we went a lot.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

anniefee
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2006 09:01:49 AM »

those pictures are gorgeous! and i don't like real sea life! Smiley i guess i just have to see them in the right light.....those are truly stunning. now i want to go to the aquarium!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." Teddy Roosevelt

http://annieisabel.etsy.com
rubyflame
I am the Lizard Queen!

Helium balloons tempt me.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2006 06:28:20 PM »

i just got the packae from craftcoeur! I'll post pics later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And then my heart                      
with pleasure fills                
and dances with the daffodils
Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2006 12:29:55 PM »

Yay! My partner generously sprung for priority mail shipping, so I get to be the first to post gallery pics for this swap!

I exlcaimed stuff like "oh my goodness" when I went through it, just because it was all so beautiful. I received a felt pouch, tank top, stationery set and mobile kit.

This pic shows the tank top and one side of the felt pouch. The colors look like maroon and white there, but it's actually very nice shades of violet and light blue. The pouch stencil is so cute, it's little kids dressed up as killer whales!

Detail of the tank top. The dark parts are felt applique, and the eel is embroidered. The eel is my favorite, but the whale (seen in the last pic) is cute too. I just took a closeup of the eel because I ended up taking a LOT of pics. Wink

This shows the front of the pouch (with a shell button) and the mobile. The mobile features a pirate ship, big orange octopus and an albatross. I didn't assemble the mobile kit yet, because I have guys coming to visit in a few weeks and will assign them the task of putting screw hooks into my ceiling. Until then, I want to keep it nice.

Pic of me wearing the tank top. Perfect fit. Smiley Also, I love these kinds of tank tops, with the bra built in. I'm pretty sure I've never said such on here, so good job partner!

Stationery set, showing all three varieties of perch represented (two of each) on cards, with envelopes.

Detail shot of one of the cards. It's all ink line drawing. Those are some skills, right there. They are perfect.

Thank you very much giantsquid! I really hope you like the stuff I send you as much as I liked this stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Modus Operandi
Paint Hussie

handpainted and repurposed vintage items

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2006 12:57:59 PM »

What nice things! The pouch is elegant and I love the whale-head costume art. The tank is cute too. The mobile looks cool even unassembled (how many guys does it take to screw hooks into a ceiling? Wink).
Excellent work giantsquid.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shops! http://www.enamor.etsy.com

enamorweddingshttp://www.enamorweddings.etsy.com

Pinteresthttp
kemerald14

Gimme a bweak... can't touch this!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2006 01:56:00 PM »

Oh, that tank top is so cute! I wish I could do something like that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where's the yellow button! Whoa, whose car is that.. it's a beast!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Ultimate Echo Echo from Ben 10
How to Draw a Seal Character from Crossfire
How to Draw Catdog Campers
How to Draw Dory and Nemo
How to Draw a Labrador Puppy
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...