A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote for your favorite Bottle It Up project now! Smiley
Total Members: 302,535
Currently Running With Scissors:
594 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: embroidery machine digitizer??  (Read 2975 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

paroper
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2006 04:56:20 PM »

I can't be sure but for the most part you need a software that will write the same format as your machine.  Many people use Embird for their software because it is CHEAP compared to many.  Once you have purchased the basic software you just add modules which, of course add up in price, but you can pick and choose your modules so maybe it isn't as painful as some of the other software products out there.  Just check and see if the Embird will write your format....I believe that it will.  It is usually purchased online.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cyndiq
i am aka sewsweet08 on yt come say hi

aussie craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006 05:14:14 PM »

randommarble,
I think if you use the janome with the card transfer you can just drag the files (must be unzipped) onto the card. But the tricky thing is it only reads one folder.
Firstly when you get the blank card, you insert it into the machine, and save one file from the machine onto the card this formats the card so it knows its reading jef files etc.

now i will have to fiddle around and see which excact file it only will read from.its been a while since i found if you put the folders on to just any file they wouldnt show on the machine. i have customizer but one day this happened to me cos i clicked the wrong folder.

Customizer is super cheap really. but basically i l only use it for transferring to the card. you know some programs for other machines cost thousands. i got my customiser on special for like $278 australian. its just a cd.  usually they sell them cheap with the machine or free especially at mothers day and christmas catalogue time. maybe hang out and see if you can get it cheaper in november.

embird i use and its great, cheap too.  you can get a free trial copy to use for like 30days, but wait till you get the machine. i havent ever used it to transfer to the card, but maybe it can be done.

goodluck, you will enjoy using the machine.

also i havent heard of those programs u purchased so maybe u can tell us about them.
cheers cyndi.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Randommarble

My cat Marble. Make a nice fur coat?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2006 02:23:46 AM »

Thank you Paroper and Cyndig.

I did look at the customiser software but I already owe my Dad the 600 for the machine ao I couldn't afford to get it for quite a while. The software I downloaded was freeware with no time restrictions one is a basic digitizer (thredworks) and the other can be used to save the files in an assortment of file types including .jef and .sew  (EMBroidery True Sizer) As the CompactFlash and accessories will only cost around 20, I will get them for now and if the free software doesn't do the job then I will get customiser 10000 at a later date

Cyndig: Thanks for the info about saving in a certain file. I remember reading something about that on the Janome website.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember: To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.

See my website for my products (will post to anywhere in UK at cost of postage and packaging). It is a little out of date due to a server crash. Please email me if you want a custom order
cyndiq
i am aka sewsweet08 on yt come say hi

aussie craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2006 05:35:57 AM »

i was thinking of starting an embroidery machine craftalong thread so we can all chat and enjoy sharing ideas and knowledge.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=117162.new

see you there

cyndiq
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sew an Overlock Stitch
How to Sew Corners
How to Sew a Topstitch
Choosing the Right Tools for Sewing Projects
Choosing Fabric for Sewing Projects
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #107: Bottle It Up Winner!
Tute Tuesday: Whitman's Sampler
The Zombie Trend: Now... Sheep!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...