A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,938
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Use What You Have and Finish What You Have Craftalong  (Read 17908 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

guineverefree

I love happy endings, they are so rare. - Aro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: October 06, 2008 08:34:19 AM »

Okay, here I am, once again joining one of those "get rid of stuff, destash, finish things up...." etc craftalongs. I suck. I have so much stuff that I need to get rid of and finish. So here I am!

Here is my situation. DH and I live in a itty-bitty little apartment and I need to downsize my stuff. Right now I have a cabinet, a scrapbooking tub, 2 hat boxes, a vase (for decoration), a huge rubbermaid tote and under the futon all filled with craft stuff. What I need to do is get it ALL down to fit in to the cabinet, vase and hat boxes so I have my work cut out for me.

I need to finish things up and destash. I joined the offer what you have swap and now here I am at this craftalong.
So first up: I need to finish a brown crocheted sweater and work on my wedding "lazy" scrapbook. Hopefully I'll be able to stick to this craftalong, my track record is not good though! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Linnybelle
« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2008 10:39:00 PM »

Thanks, stolidina!  I was just excited to find the swap.  Hopefully my quilt tops can get all set before Christmas.  One of them is a wedding present and I'll be sure to post pictures when I'm finished.

guineverefree:  My track record isn't good either, but I was definitely inspired by having to move as well.  Good luck with your stash!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2008 06:31:26 PM »

This is the perfect craftalong for me! I have so much fabric that I've bought for recons; pillowcases to make into market bags, sueded shirts to make into dolls, flannel for pjs and nightgowns. I even bought a pattern and some fabric to make a summer outfit for one of my little girls, and now it's Fall! Christmas is coming. I need to get moving!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

guineverefree

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: October 16, 2008 07:06:33 AM »

Okay, back with my first post of things I've finished with what I have!!

I actually made 6 of these in different colours. They are market bags. I made them for the sweatshop swap. I've also gotten rid of some carebear stuffies things by swapping them for jewelry.

Onto some quilting next!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Linnybelle
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2008 08:06:34 AM »

That bag is very pretty!  I just got three more boxes of fabric from a church rummage sale and now my "use what you have" part is getting all mixed up.  I have done a bunch more things though, three clutches, a whole mess of purses, and some vinyl lined lunch bags.

Now if I could only finish my quilts...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
guineverefree

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2008 06:38:15 AM »

Just checking in!

I am making progress (after I fell off the wagon and bought 4 more balls of yarn). No pictures yet but I finished a thread catcher made from some old shirts and a bunch of crocheted snowflakes made from some white sport weight yarn that I inherited from DH's grandmother. Okay, so I'm not exactly working on what I said I'd be working on but progress is progress, right?  Grin

I"ll try to get pictures up tonite.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

guineverefree

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2008 04:56:07 AM »

Hello....hello....hello.... Hmm, echos coming back from an inactive thread. Oh well, I'm pretty self-entertaining. Hopefully someone else is still trying this, I could get lonely.

Pictures of my two little projects I just finished from my stash.

Threadcatcher:

Made from two shirts, one of my husband's that he can't wear and one my MIL gave me that I'll never wear. Nothing exciting but it will serve it's purpose.

Snowflakes!

This is only a few of them. I made probably about 2 dozen total and am going to use them to make my Christmas gifts pretty!

(Anybody out there?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stoliedina
« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2008 05:09:14 PM »

Oh I love the snowflakes! My mum had a ton of mini-star ornaments like that when I was little and they've slowly disappeared over the years. I wish I had skills like yours to replicate them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shimma shimma, glimma glimma, c'mere let me give you a lil' shhhparkle. - me Smiley

http://www.geekxnerd.com/
http://geekxnerd.etsy.com
Linnybelle
« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2008 03:32:57 PM »

I'm still here!  I'm still here!  I've just been working a lot.  I got switched from the relief pool to full time and just did five overnights in a row, so I haven't had much time to craft though.

I did finally manage to get backing for a quilt I started over the summer.  I still need to do some embroidery on it, but I was too impatient not to start using it.  I will definitely post pictures when I am done, or when I manage to rescue it from my cat.  She has decided it makes my bed extra comfy and I don't think she's ever voluntarily leaving my room.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

guineverefree

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2008 03:41:37 PM »

Oh I love the snowflakes!
Thanks! They are not nearly as complicated as they look.

I'm still here!  I'm still here!
Yeah! I'm not alone. I'd love to see that quilt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fold a Table Napkin into a Rose
How to Do Paper Napkin Folding
How to Make Christmas Ornaments Out of Used Folders
How to Make a Place Card and Napkin Holder from Christmas Cards
How to Make a Christmas Cards Wreath
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...