A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,121
Currently Running With Scissors:
712 Guests and 44 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Use What You Have and Finish What You Have Craftalong  (Read 17155 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

klynslis
« Reply #110 on: August 29, 2007 10:30:48 AM »

Thanks, folks! He was fun to make. I didn't notice that his body was the same shape as one of those neck pillows until somebody mentioned it. That is really funny to me for some reason.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

See my etsy shop! http://LYarost.etsy.com
anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2007 03:55:45 PM »

WOW!I love this craftalong.Between my mom & myself we could probably open a craft shop.We have waaaayyyy too much craft supplies.I know of a lot of wip's I need to finish up.But I have a question.My mom keeps bringing me craft supplies ( she gets them at the adult daycare center she goes to).So everymonth I get craft supplies when she gets them.So I always have wip's so how do I reduce my stuff when she constently brings in new supplies?Not that I'm complaining because she gets them for free.But I have a ton of projects already.So I really don't have to buy supplies I have enough.Except when I have to get supplies for Sunday School ( does that count)?So how do I solve this delima?Thanks.
Oh,yeah sign me up. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
onthinice
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2007 07:15:52 AM »

anitacj - I am also drowning in craft supplies, so I joined a nonreciprocal swap.  I hope to periodically make stuff for a birthday swap, so the most I can expect back is a "thank you" card.  That way I can put my excesses to good use but still clear them out of the house!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
Into fictional letter writing? PM me. We need more characters. What am I talking about? Read about it at Dante's Wardrobe.
anitacj

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2007 07:25:04 PM »

O.K take me off the list.Things are in total chaos here.So I can't even think about making gifts or the holidays right now.Probably won't be able to until we find out some information. Cry Cry Cry Cry Embarrassed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anitacj

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2007 02:44:17 PM »

YIPPEE!!!!We get to keep our house.So now I can really get crafting for the holidays.Best early Christmas gift I've ever had. Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindsoriah

In character at all times

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2007 07:13:57 AM »

YIPPEE!!!!We get to keep our house.So now I can really get crafting for the holidays.Best early Christmas gift I've ever had. Grin Grin Grin

yaaaaaaaaay stability!!  i'm glad things worked out for you.  i'm excited to see what (i imagine to be) your mountain of craft supplies will turn into.

p.s. can I go to adult daycare?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, accessories, disguises, animals, riding my bike, pen pals, and the Lone Star State.
anitacj

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 12, 2007 08:14:41 PM »

I don't know if you could or not?I wish I could she gets free meal.Then people bring clothes,craft supplies,mags,books ,etc.And they are all free! Grin.She keeps a eye out for things I might be able to use.Plus we found out we're getting 3 Thanksgiving boxes +3 Christmas boxes of food.So we're blessed that way.The only problem is she keeps bringing home clothes that are waaaayyyyy tooo little.(Rats).And no one in our house can wear them,so we end up giving them to Goodwill or Salvation Army stores. Smiley.She doesn't get things everytime she goes to the center.Just once or twice a month.Just depends on when people donate things.So many wips & soooo little time. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anitacj

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2008 09:25:42 PM »

Just a update:We lost our home & had to move to another town.I had to leave behind a ton of craft books,clothes,& furniture.We didn't have time or room for it all. Cry Cry Cry.So I'm really bummed out about all that.But I did get quite a few of my craft supplies,some of my books,and my grandmothers antique sewing machine.We managed to have a somewhat normal christmas,I guess.I didn't get half of what I wanted to do done,cause of all the chaos.Now i'm in a town and very unhappy. Cry Cry Cry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Linnybelle
« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2008 07:21:15 AM »

I saw this thread and it's perfect for me.  I had a two week period where I was in between jobs, so I sat down and attempted to finish a whole bunch of stuff from my project box.  So far, I've finished almost everything that was there.

One was a quilt for a friend of mine that I've had cut out in pieces for at least three months:

Another was a tiny square that I originally meant to make more of, but never really got around to it, so it ended up being a doll quilt:

There are three more quilts too, but they are all tops at the moment.  I have to wait for payday to get the batting for all of them.  I'm glad I found this craftalong, it'll give me even more motivation to finish up these projects.   Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
stoliedina
« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2008 02:11:56 PM »

Hey Linnybelle, welcome! Kudos to you for finishing off big projects like quilts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shimma shimma, glimma glimma, c'mere let me give you a lil' shhhparkle. - me Smiley

http://www.geekxnerd.com/
http://geekxnerd.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Richard Snow Reveals His Book a Measureless Peril
Jane Costello Talks About Her Novels
Author Joe Monninger Talks About His Life
Writer Chris Eboch Explains Haunted
Personal Trainer Bob Greene Talks About His Book
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...