A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
457 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Use What You Have and Finish What You Have Craftalong  (Read 17073 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jan1972
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2007 03:49:01 PM »

After two months the work on my home has finally finished so today I managed to get some serious catching up done.  Thought I would update my list.

2 1 tote bag(stitched, just need to join handles, and lining)
3 Carrier bag holders (sew in elastic) - Not sure why I have 3
baby blanket (pinned ready to stitch)
Dress for my 10 month old (cut out, still with pattern attatched)
Taggy Blanket (pinned ready to stitch)
Bunting/flags - (all cut, some sewed,)
soda tab bag,  (half done)
Apron - for 3year old son  (pinned ready to sew)
Flower pens (pens are attatched, just have to cover with florists tape)
Knitted hat and cardigan for daughter (buttons and ribbon need put on)
Harry Potter scarf for 11 year old son (block and add fringes)
Harry Potter scarf for sisters dog (block and add fringes)
stripey scarf for youngest son (half knit, but its in his favorite colours and he pesters about it constantly even though its spring now)
Crocheted baby banket (only about 10 more rounds to go) just need to add fringing

Didn't manage to keep out of the shops though, I found a great market when I went away for a weekend and came home with 30meters of fabric and a big bag of trimmings, elastic, threads and other bits and bobs.  I did buy the fabric with particular projects in mind, so I should use it all at some point.  Might need to find some bigger boxes for my stash now.

Janette

THIS ROCKS   Logged
klynslis
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2007 06:56:35 PM »

Thanks, WIPs! I don't know yet what to do with the bag. It's a little small for shopping.

Jan, it looks like you're making some pretty good headway on your list, especially with the little ones you have at home.

I lengthened a shirt today that had been too short by just a couple of inches. The white band is from the faux tank sewn into the front of the shirt. I also managed to take in the bottom a little bit so it's slightly more fitted. It just looks better this way. Oh, and I cut the sleeves down too so they don't hit at the bottom of the shirt. These things look so wrong. Why do I buy them?

The "before" picture is actually a different shirt of the same cut. It's next, but I think I'll be a bit more adventurous with it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

See my etsy shop! http://LYarost.etsy.com
sunnyskies*4*
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2007 10:31:36 AM »

Looks good klynslis! I love how a few changes can make a big difference.

I reconned a t-shirt for my DD last week too, but now she wants it changed a bit more again .... so its back to the sewing machine! LOL

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Sunnyskies~~
klynslis
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2007 04:22:10 PM »

Thanks, Sunnyskies. I'll be able to wear this now without looking like I borrowed it from somebody else. I hate that is-my-midriff-showing feeling.

Okay, so I did the next top, too. I'm not quite as sure about this one, but at least it's long enough, and the sleeves are shorter. Taking the sides in helped, too. It looks more fitted, now.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007 04:24:11 PM by klynslis » THIS ROCKS   Logged

puamelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A NEW day, a NEW doll... another poppet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2007 10:46:16 PM »

klynslis, I really like how the second shirt turned out - it's very flattering.  Were the bottom ruffles were from the sleeves or the sides? I'd like to try this. Did you just pin while it was on you or do you use a dress form?  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay for summer break = swapping fun!

Poppet vs Ami - partnered & stalking
Kids Craft and Swap Round 7, x2 - sent!
sunnyskies*4*
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2007 06:48:02 AM »

I really like that second shirt too! The ruffle at the bottom is a really nice touch.

I'll post some pics of what I've been up to very soon. The kids are off school for the summer already so that means that life in general has quadrupled in busy-ness!(hmm, I don't that's actually a word  Shocked )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Sunnyskies~~
klynslis
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2007 09:48:03 AM »

Thanks! Here is a quickie little diagram for how I made the ruffle out of the sleeve. The trick is cutting it into a spiral because the inside edge of the spiral is shorter than the outside and it makes a ruffle without gathering.

I pin my tees on my body inside out. I have a duct tape dummy form, but it's old and doesn't look like me any more. For simple stuff like this, pinning on my bod is just easier.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunnyskies*4*
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2007 04:53:32 PM »

Thanks for that explanation klynslis! I can't wait to give this a try!

I just did a flounce on a skirt not that long ago but it was more of a circle then a spiral. *** runs off looking for more t's to recon ***  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Sunnyskies~~
puamelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A NEW day, a NEW doll... another poppet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2007 07:42:46 PM »

Thanks for that klynslis, how clever! I want to apply this to some recons for my baby... I'll post pics soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay for summer break = swapping fun!

Poppet vs Ami - partnered & stalking
Kids Craft and Swap Round 7, x2 - sent!
sunnyskies*4*
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2007 06:58:32 AM »

I had some left over fabric from making sundresses for my girls so I made these 2 skirts:

I actually removed the lace from some bedsheets that my neighbour gave to me about a year ago -- they are not the standard size for North American beds so they've actually never been used.

And this is a recon that in the process of being re-reconned again. When my DD put it on last weekend the sleeves looked very wrong... so I've cut them off and I'm just doing the same thing as I did around the v-neck (it was orignally a round neckline).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Sunnyskies~~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Catdog Campers
How to Draw Dory and Nemo
How to Draw a Labrador Puppy
How to Create Motion Tweens in Flash CS4
How to Open XFL Files from InDesign in Flash CS4
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...