A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 304,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
535 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tampa area. knitting/crocheting  (Read 1415 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

firedupfairy
« on: January 18, 2006 06:17:25 PM »

I live pretty much at the border of Lutz and Citrus Park. I just started knitting and crocheting this summer and now i'm "hooked" **yes, pun intended!** i've bought most of my yarn at Joann's or Michaels, Walmart, too. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other places where I can find tools of the trade, yarn, and new pattern books. I recently went to a shop off of Gunn and N. Mobly, they had TONS of gorgeous yarns, many priced beyond my means right now, but what a fun store.

I'd love to hear your input/suggestions if you're familiar with any other places.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunshine_fix
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006 07:57:31 PM »

There's a place...I think it's on Busch, but you may have to look in the yellow pages. I know it's in there though...it's a coffee shop and a yarn store. Haven't been there yet since I have way too much yarn now and I've been sewing. There are a couple of us that get together at USF to craft Tuesday nights if you wanna come out. There are knitters and crocheters Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
firedupfairy
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006 06:26:56 PM »

hmm... i checked the yellow pages both online and the actual book and the only places i'm getting are Knit n Nibble on S. Dale Mabry and Fiber Art on N. Mobley. Can't find anything on Bush  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunshine_fix
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006 07:34:56 AM »

I was thinking of knit and nibble lol. I guess it's not on Busch. I was thinking of a different coffee shop I guess. Other than that, I think Tampa is devoid of yarn stores. If you want some specialty yarn or something you may need to turn to the web.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
baby-bumblebee
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006 07:56:13 PM »

I have found great vintage yarns at estate sales. I feel kind of bad sometimes that I get such a great deal but then if I were to pass I would want someone to have my yarn and other sewing stuff so it would not go to waste. I just got a huge bin full of yarn and fabric at one for 10.00!

I am new to Tampa, from Sarasota. I am near the Citrus Park mall area. I love Walmart for my other yarns they hold up very well and you so cannot bet the price.

The only other places I can think of is like the other poster said (forgetful memory can't rember your name sorry) is on the web try ebay you may find some great deals there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my very first blog!

http://sassy-pixie.blogspot.com/
funkyandfried
Inertia is a property of matter.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006 08:24:49 AM »

I would have said Knit and Knibble but someone else did! The Michaels in Britton Plaza on Dale Mabry (I THINK that's the street) has yarn there but I don't recall it having a terribly extensive collection. I think there's a Jo-anns around Citrus Park  but I don't know cause I don't live there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

early to bed and early to rise, and you'll meet few of our best people.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Guide to Mehndi Henna Designs
Scott Dadich on the Law of Optical Volumes
Swiss Design: Built to Last
Conveying Passion and Feeling with Movement
Dutch Design Tip: Focus on the Story Behind the Product
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...