A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
534 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pads for the Curvy Gal...Tutorial  (Read 58227 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , cloth_pad  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

notverytalented
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2007 08:20:08 PM »

There is no smell, except the natural smell of having a period. It would be pretty hard to smell that if you change a pad regularly.  Our society somehow makes us think we have to mask everything.  Just rinse the fresh blood from the pads and you won't have any odor problems.  Since I'm not spending a fortune throwing pads away, I actually change cloth pads more often than I did with disposable ones.  I'm not throwing the money away and it's so easy just to put a fresh one on when I go to the bathroom.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TwistMySister
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2007 12:59:50 AM »

thanks for this!  Grin
the same thing happens to me with leakage Undecided, and such.
im making some cloth ones at the moment!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/On-The-Front-Line/175858075802771

http://www.etsy.com/shop/OnTheFrontLine
angeleyes410
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2007 02:12:24 PM »

I've been thinking about cloth pads for awhile. I mean I cloth diaper my kid, but then use store bought pads or tampons? Come'on! So I'm happy to report that you pushed me over the edge and I sewed up about 4 so far..and I LOVE them!
So thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RosieB
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2007 07:06:20 AM »

I'm really really happy to make my first craftster post on this thread!  thanks for the ideas and the info, especially OP.

I bought washables from weenotions (UK) last year and I've been so pleased with them that I'm now making my own. I've managed to buy some pul and some pretty microfleece, and will use old towels for inner layering.

Dont have periods anymore but I do need help with bladder leakage; I have allergic reactions to a lot of store bought sanpro and it was such a relief to use the washable.

I hate to think how much I've spent over a lifetime for disposable sanpro and even worse to think of how much I've sent to landfill.

economically sound, environmentally friendly and pretty as you want to make them!!!! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
nerdlover
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2007 01:14:58 PM »

I have been flirting with the idea of using cloth pads for years now. I would research them, look around at different people who make and sell them and for some reason would talk myself out of it. I would get the thoughts of leakage or wonder how horrible it would feel to sit on something that wasn't absorbing well. After reading through ever single post I am now sold on giving it a go!

I will be stopping off at the store tonight and seeing if I can find some materials for a set of my own! Thanks so much everyone  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The blog - http://crafty-nerdlover.blogspot.com

Looking for personal swappage - pm me for info.

I'm not cool enough for wist list /pout
dreDYNOMITE
« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2007 10:34:12 PM »

I didn't get mine until I was 15 ..and i was so afraid i was broken and then I got it..but I havent had one since last october..Mine is really weird i guess..I get one normally every...5 months..but Yeah..and im not pregnant..so i dont know what's going on Tongue

Urg I started four years ago and have had MAYBE 9. And haven't had one in ATLEAST a year. No lie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
camilaustral

Saludos desde Chile!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2008 07:52:26 AM »

i was going to say something "doctorly" about too, go see your doctor when you have problems or when you think thing aren't very "normal" (please Wink ) maybe there's a solution, or you can avoid something serious Smiley

i envy some girls that say that when they sleep the don't even need to change pads before going to bed Tongue
i'm not that heavy though, i kinda get used to sleeping on my side when i'm with my period (weird but it kinda works, i don't move to much while sleeping)

great work!!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008 07:55:32 AM by camilaustral » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mrsflibble

will work for yarn

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2008 04:06:54 AM »

I wish wish wish I'd had the internet when I was a teen, but not for myself- for my mum. she had endometrium hyperplasia and basically was a shade away from needing a transfusion every month to keep her going. she was forever leaking and these would have done the job so well....

oh well. she's had a hysterectomy now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
randymacker07
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2008 02:36:47 PM »

This tutorial is great! Way to take a problem and solve it the crafty way. I think I may make some tonight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ms. Rosie

Helpz Mommee is a cwazee cat ladee!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2008 05:36:15 PM »

I would like to try these but my worry is sewing through all of those layers -- has any one had any trouble sewing these on their sewing machines?

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ok, so I am the crazy cat lady.  Live with it.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Captain Hook
How to Draw Big Buck Bunny
Selective White Balance in Photoshop CS6
How to Draw Eyes
How to Draw Taz from the Looney Tunes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...