A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: short n' sweet help  (Read 577 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DithMer

Have a good one, and learn everything you can.

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2006 02:59:33 PM »

ok... so i just did rows 2-9.  now am i supposed to do rows 10-12 and then fasten off and then start on the right front?  these patterns seem way more confusing than knitting. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suganspyyce
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006 06:15:11 PM »

Yes, i  believe you do a repitition of rows 2-4, fasten off, and then turn your work upside down and fasten onto the right side of your work to the starting chain.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006 05:46:25 AM »

What pattern are you working on?  The directions that you wrote in could mean just about anything.  I didn't take it as turn it upside down and work on the opposite side of the starting chain - I actually interpretted it as set that piece aside and now work on the right front piece...
It may be all sewn up after you are done - a lot of patterns are done that way - the more advanced garment makers look at it and find a way to joni those pieces so that they dont' have to sew them up later!  I have a friend that is always crocheting clothes and she does that all the time.  I guess some designers look at crocheted clothing as converting a sewing pattern to yarn - make all the pieces, then sew them together..

So I guess what are you working on?  Maybe one of us has that pattern or has made it and we can help.
But that's my take on it - it is done in pieces and then sewn up later.  I know that in the things I design if I want someone to work on the opposite side of the starting chain, that is a specific direction since it isn't the norm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
suganspyyce
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006 11:44:06 AM »

Ok so what are you snapping for?Huh   I was reading what was in the book.  And it DOES say to work across the opposite side of the FOUNDATION CHAIN.  But I DID get wrong which side you are to start from. 

Row 1 (WS):  With WS facing, working across opposite side of foundation ch, join yarn in first ch on left shoulder, ch4......
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006 12:08:34 PM »

I'm not snapping at all - from what was written, and not knowing what pattern this was from I interpretted it a different way. .. which is also why I asked what exactly she was working on.
Wow.  Try and help someone and get your head chewwed up a bit.  There was nothing written about foundation chains in the starting message. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
suganspyyce
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006 03:06:15 PM »

I knew what she was talking about, hence the answer.  I have the pattern.  Duh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Eyelashes Hacks - Tips & Tricks on How to Get Perfectly Curled Lashes
We Tried Tape Contouring but Ended up Just Looking Kind of Tan
3 Skincare Products to Save or Splurge On
Kristen Stewart New Face for Chanel Campaign, First Ad Released
Dupes For the Hottest Beauty Products on the Market
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...