A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,318
Currently Running With Scissors:
432 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shaving Cream Cards-- With Tutorial--MUST TRY!  (Read 138951 times)
Tags for this thread: card , tutorial , shaving_cream , paper , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

candycanechild
Paper Doll

version 4.1: she's just so clinically cynically.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2004 10:41:54 AM »

So, I have a thank-you gift to send a friend's mom, and I wasn't sure what to give her.  So I'm thinking of a stationery set, hand decorated by moi.  Now, my friend's mom is a very elegant woman with simple, classic tastes.  So I was trying to think of colors she'd like.  And I thought, what if you swirled stamper's mica powder into the shaving cream?  Do you think it would stick, or would it wipe off?  Are there any silverings that aren't in powder form that might work?  I'm thinking, like a silver pen, broken open to use the ink, or something.  Thoughts?

I'm not too sure about this idea. I say, if you have the materials already, test it out first. Unless anyone else here has something about it to say?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artsypansy
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2004 03:15:30 PM »

i stumbled across this a few weeks ago and thought it was awesome! so of course i had to try it... and of course i loved it and had to make some more... then i got the idea to make little cards for my earrings that i'm selling at a craft fair for kids under 18....they are a little smaller than business cards- my little name for my "business" is crazy pansy and so i put little pansy stickers on them too...it was so much fun and i love them!!!! thanks for posting this!!! Smiley
cards:

cards with earrings on them:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
candycanechild
Paper Doll

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2004 03:21:13 PM »

Those look great, artsypansy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
daggad82
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2004 08:56:36 PM »

I just read through this thread for the first time tonight and I can't wait to try it out!  Great idea and beautiful cards - thanks for sharing!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
retrokitty
rad to the bone

The New Year brings lots of crafting!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2004 08:13:58 PM »

I tried this and my card did not come out at all!  It just looks like I drew splotches with marker and the marker bled...   Huh  What did I do wrong?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

Check out my crafting blog @ http://sillypanda.wordpress.com & Send me a link to yours, I love reading new blogs!
RacheLephant
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2004 07:55:08 AM »

is anyone else having difficulty writing on these cards? i tried to address the outside of the envelope, but its really, really tough. i thought of just putting on a label, but i'm sending it overseas, so i'm kinda worried about the postmarks running, etc.
what do you guys think?
xoxo
THIS ROCKS   Logged
candycanechild
Paper Doll

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2004 08:46:19 AM »

is anyone else having difficulty writing on these cards? i tried to address the outside of the envelope, but its really, really tough. i thought of just putting on a label, but i'm sending it overseas, so i'm kinda worried about the postmarks running, etc.
what do you guys think?
xoxo

Mine are okay to adress, so I don't know what happened with yours. I'm having no problems at all, so I don't know what to say that can help.

I tried this and my card did not come out at all!  It just looks like I drew splotches with marker and the marker bled...   Huh  What did I do wrong?

Do you think you can take a picture or maybe scan a card? I think if I saw what happened I'd be able to help. I can't really picture it well in my head.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
unlikely_redhead
don't give me anythign sharp

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2004 06:29:16 PM »

i made my own and learned a few things:
1) if it looks like there is too much shave cream, there definately is. i wasted an awful lot.
2) paste food colours don't work well. i had to water mine down to get really good results. (i kept trying to make it swirly and i would end up melting them together)
3) don't get them wet... messy!

my favorite are (the first picture) and in the second picture, the middle right(i put the colour on the plate THAN the shave cream), bottom left (i used cream coloured paper and like how it turned out) and the topmost right, solid green.

redhead
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pessimism: because i'd rather be pleasently surprised than horribly disapointed
candycanechild
Paper Doll

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2004 06:27:39 AM »

Unlikely redhead, nice work. I really like the green-blue one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2004 02:52:24 PM »

This looks cool!  I'm going to have to try it.  Now, while I know that hand-made cards are really nice, what if you made matching note-cards or something and just made one sheet of paper, then printed off reproductions and used those on the notecards?  Then you'd be able to make whole sets really quickly, and it'd be much less labor-intensive.  Kind of a pansy-arsed shortcut, I know, but might be worth a try.  (I'm talking just making printed sheets of paper, and using it as one layer on a notecard, though, not just printing the notecards.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Ways to Wear a Camo Shirt
How to Dress for Extreme Heat
3 Creative Outfits for Summer Weddings
3 Ways to Wear Co-Ords
3 Stylish Ways to Wear a Crop Top
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...