A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
680 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shaving Cream Cards-- With Tutorial--MUST TRY!  (Read 131331 times)
Tags for this thread: card , tutorial , shaving_cream , paper , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

candycanechild
Paper Doll

version 4.1: she's just so clinically cynically.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2004 11:56:07 AM »

this looks like so much fun!
i'm thinking that using heavy watercolor paper would eliminate the warping.

thanks for the ideas-and your cards are beautiful!
Yeah, using thick paper would definatly work. And thanks!

Oooh I like the notebook, but I'm wondering if there is way to mute the colors more so that anything that's written on the page would be easier to read?

I was thinking the same thing. All I could think of was to take a bathroom cup, drop the dye into it, and add some water until it's lighter... and then mix with the shaving cream. Might have to try that.

Or maybe if you add more cream and less dye? Have you tried yet? Let me know. If not, I'll run out and get some shaving cream this weekend and give it a whirl.
Nope, haven't tried it yet... just got back from a mini-vacation. I'm not sure if more shaving cream would work, though...

Ok If someonesaid this i'm sorry, You can use gel just work with it so it's fomy. aslo more cream dilutes the color some.  I just did 3 things, Green is a strong color, so is blue( I have very blue fingers right now) does anyone now how to get it off skin fast?
Yeah, I thought it would work, but my shave gels are different colours, and I wanted a clean slate. The food colouring comes off with soap, cold water, and a LOT of rubbing with a towel. It goes away after a while... Does anyone else know a faster way?

Since this is so incredibly fun, I had to make more.

Here's another card:

How'd you get the top one to turn out that way?? I love how it looks silver!  What colors did you use??  I think this on a big piece of paper would look beautifull as art!
I used red, green, and blue. Yeah, it would look awesome as art.

I did something like this in 2nd grade.  We mixed liquid soap, water and food coloring together in small bowls.  Then we took straws and blew bubbles into the soap untill the bubbles were above the rim of the bowl, then we placed our paper on the bubbles.  You get marbled or tye-dyed circles on the card!

Now I have to live in the past and do this again!
I did something like that, too... I want to try it again! (But with the kid that I babysit. I don't feel like explaining why I'm doing that to my mom. She already thinks I'm nuts because of the shaving cream cards.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Compositore Zippy
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2004 01:09:34 PM »

This is awesome!  i just bought some Barbasol on the way home for work.  I wrote some letters to my roomates this summer and I have been trying to figure out how to decorate the envelopes.  This is perfect!  Thanks!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
notali

I'm the other one!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2004 09:03:16 PM »

Saw this technique on Alex Anderson's show Simply Quilts.  She dyed fabric for quilts.  Very cool and MUCH cheaper than the fabric at the craft stores.  Want to try it for a bag.  Think it would look nice.  Can't wait to try your method.  Thinking I could make some cool school supplies (Book covers, notebook covers, etc.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nadirah
Crafty Crafterson

"Oooo! Broken glass!"

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2004 03:41:12 PM »

I've actually got butterflies in my stomach I'm so excited to try this! LOL  I'm omw to the store RIGHT NOW to buy stuff to do this!  I've got Christmas Cards on the brain!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
candycanechild
Paper Doll

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2004 05:11:13 PM »

I've actually got butterflies in my stomach I'm so excited to try this! LOL  I'm omw to the store RIGHT NOW to buy stuff to do this!  I've got Christmas Cards on the brain!  Grin

I can't wait to see some of the cards you end up making! I hope you post some pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
puddinwuddin
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2004 07:45:54 PM »

I did one with gel.  It was pink in the gel form but when I got it foamy, it was white.  Another thing I did was after the shaving cream dried and I wiped off the excess, I used Elmer's glue to write on it.  After it dried I carefully peeled it off and the writing was white.  I sent it in a swap I am in, so maybe she'll post it and I'll add it here.  BTW, thanks for this idea, it was soooo much fun.  I am going to do it with my stepdaughter.  What a mess that'll be!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nadirah
Crafty Crafterson

"Oooo! Broken glass!"

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2004 09:22:42 PM »

Candycanechild -- I did it! I made 3 quick ones tonight. I've posted them in order of creation.

Card #1 - FUN!

New colors!

Added a bit more color and swirled some more. Cheesy

This is too much fun. I'm going to subject my sister, mother and best friend to this easy cheap craft! They'll love it too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DancingDiva
This is not a dream

All that glitters is usually stuck in my carpet.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2004 08:15:52 AM »

ooooooooo schnazzy!

I have a feeling that my kitchen counter is going to be dotted with little bits of food coloring come Saturday  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I admit, I went over to the dark side. But just to pick up a few things and now I'm back.
candycanechild
Paper Doll

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2004 09:55:34 AM »

Oooh, Nadirah, I LOVE those! The first two are my favourites. Nice first attempt!
Oh, and puddinwuddin, that idea sounds super creative! I hope the person who gets it posts a picture!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craft-matic
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2004 09:00:37 AM »

So, I have a thank-you gift to send a friend's mom, and I wasn't sure what to give her.  So I'm thinking of a stationery set, hand decorated by moi.  Now, my friend's mom is a very elegant woman with simple, classic tastes.  So I was trying to think of colors she'd like.  And I thought, what if you swirled stamper's mica powder into the shaving cream?  Do you think it would stick, or would it wipe off?  Are there any silverings that aren't in powder form that might work?  I'm thinking, like a silver pen, broken open to use the ink, or something.  Thoughts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Work is love made visible.
                            --Kahlil Gibran

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted.           
                            --Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Decorative Yarn Orbs
How to Make an Easter Nest Ornament
How to Make a Simple Easter Egg Drying Rack
Rustic Floral Arrangements for Easter
DIY Colorful Foiled Eggs for Easter
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...