A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,724
Currently Running With Scissors:
465 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shaving Cream Cards-- With Tutorial--MUST TRY!  (Read 131493 times)
Tags for this thread: card , tutorial , shaving_cream , paper , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pvwon

"Que me amat, amet et canem meum." -Saint Bernard

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2004 07:25:45 AM »

I just came across this thread today and had to add my two cents.  I am a director at a summer camp and this is one of the craft projects that the campers do, only they do it on those cheepy pressed cardboard boxes that you can get a Michael's/Hobby Lobby/Walmart.  Everyone loves to make them, from the younger campers to the older boys.  I guess that the boys love it because they can play with the shaving cream after they get done crafting. 

They even did this this year with the special needs campers this summer.  Here are some pictures.

I think that also you can use a spray polyurethane to seal the boxes and give them a glossy finish.

Just another idea for this ultra-versitile and ultra-age-friendly technique.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2004 07:42:10 AM by pvwon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well behaved women rarely make history.
candycanechild
Paper Doll

version 4.1: she's just so clinically cynically.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2004 11:40:26 AM »

I just came across this thread today and had to add my two cents.  I am a director at a summer camp and this is one of the craft projects that the campers do, only they do it on those cheepy pressed cardboard boxes that you can get a Michael's/Hobby Lobby/Walmart.  Everyone loves to make them, from the younger campers to the older boys.  I guess that the boys love it because they can play with the shaving cream after they get done crafting. 

They even did this this year with the special needs campers this summer.  Here are some pictures.

I think that also you can use a spray polyurethane to seal the boxes and give them a glossy finish.

Just another idea for this ultra-versitile and ultra-age-friendly technique.

Ooh, marbled box= tres creative. It looks like the older boys are having fun with the shaving cream in that first picture... haha. Thanks for sharing, pvwon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
firefly

the giant tree starts as a tiny sprout.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2004 07:58:13 AM »

this looks like so much fun!
i'm thinking that using heavy watercolor paper would eliminate the warping.

thanks for the ideas-and your cards are beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aleryan

proof that I really am a birdbrain

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2004 09:27:25 PM »

Hmmmm...Would this work?  Take a light colored piece of cardstock.  Use one of those colorless crayons that you get from easter egg coloring kits.  Draw a design on you're cardstock.  Make the shaving cream concoction, heavy on the color, then do the marbleing technique on the cardstock.  When you remove the shaving cream from the cardstock your design would still be there.  Kinda of a batik effect.  What do you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
green_day_gurl_
Daddy's Little Defect.

If everything's embarassing, you'll never have fun

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2004 01:27:40 PM »

OOO!!!

I did something like this a few years ago...it's so fun and easy to do!

it's awesome that someone finally posted this project! ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If I am I because I am I and you are you because you are you, then I am I and you are you. However, if I am I because you are you and you are you because I am I, then I am not I and you are not you."
-Rabbi Menachem Mendl of Kotzk

.::Renae::.
Tappanga
Stop hatin', start participatin'!

Twinkle twinkle, baby!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2004 02:01:30 PM »

Oooh I like the notebook, but I'm wondering if there is way to mute the colors more so that anything that's written on the page would be easier to read?

I was thinking the same thing. All I could think of was to take a bathroom cup, drop the dye into it, and add some water until it's lighter... and then mix with the shaving cream. Might have to try that.

Or maybe if you add more cream and less dye? Have you tried yet? Let me know. If not, I'll run out and get some shaving cream this weekend and give it a whirl.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.
bluegum

Deranged Speed Knitting

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2004 02:40:53 PM »

Ok If someonesaid this i'm sorry, You can use gel just work with it so it's fomy. aslo more cream dilutes the color some.  I just did 3 things, Green is a strong color, so is blue( I have very blue fingers right now) does anyone now how to get it off skin fast?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

if i could be anything i'd be your tear/because i was born in your eye/lived in you cheek/and died on your lip
faux

My mama's a lama...

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2004 03:18:22 PM »

Since this is so incredibly fun, I had to make more.

How'd you get the top one to turn out that way?? I love how it looks silver!  What colors did you use??  I think this on a big piece of paper would look beautifull as art!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005 11:17:54 AM by girlypirate » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Angipants
B-L-O-N-Duh!

Angi-pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2004 04:33:38 PM »

I did something like this in 2nd grade.  We mixed liquid soap, water and food coloring together in small bowls.  Then we took straws and blew bubbles into the soap untill the bubbles were above the rim of the bowl, then we placed our paper on the bubbles.  You get marbled or tye-dyed circles on the card!

Now I have to live in the past and do this again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

klutz 91
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2004 12:18:44 AM »

All these cards are coming out great!  Like pvwon I used to do this with my day camp which was also inclusive.  My students with disabilities had so much fun with this activity.

Some things I remember: 
*Big Lots - big can of shaving cream for 89 cents.  (woohoo!)
*And if you blot the cream away instead of wiping, you'll get more layers of swirls instead of the streaks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose the Best Hairstyles for a Heart-Shaped Face
How to Create Easy Waves with a Flat Iron
Best Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Tips: How To Cut Your Own Bangs
Keep Curly Hair Frizz Free With This Hair Care Set
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...