A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,475
Currently Running With Scissors:
644 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shaving Cream Cards-- With Tutorial--MUST TRY!  (Read 131208 times)
Tags for this thread: card , tutorial , shaving_cream , paper , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

scruffycat
« Reply #140 on: July 09, 2005 03:17:00 AM »

I've read about this before, but haven't ever gotten around to trying it.  Maybe you'll be my inspiration!  Your finished papers look great.  I wonder how this would look using glossy cardstock?  Maybe I'll just have to get up and go try it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kbug
« Reply #141 on: July 10, 2005 07:23:03 PM »

I know a ton of people have posted, but I had to say how much I like these cards.  I am going to have my kindergartners make these as soon as school starts again!  I love messy fun things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blushky
« Reply #142 on: July 14, 2005 06:57:29 PM »

These were so much fun! I probably spent three hours on them.... by the end I was just playing, and i was putting lots of random things in the shaving cream to see how it turned out.

I discovered that if you a lot of color in the cream (so the swirls of color are very dark) and you sprinkle a layer of salt on top of the cream with a saltshaker before you put the paper on, it turns out sort of grainy and awesome looking...

great project! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hailey
« Reply #143 on: July 16, 2005 01:16:57 PM »

Hi, I'm new to the board.  I saw Dee Greunig do this technique on the Carol Duvall show a couple of years ago.  My daughter-in-law and I had so much fun with this.  We made all kinds of neat looking paper.  It's messy but a lot of fun.                       
THIS ROCKS   Logged
candycanechild
Paper Doll

version 4.1: she's just so clinically cynically.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: July 17, 2005 01:35:00 PM »

I discovered that if you a lot of color in the cream (so the swirls of color are very dark) and you sprinkle a layer of salt on top of the cream with a saltshaker before you put the paper on, it turns out sort of grainy and awesome looking...
Salt? That sounds cool. And it gives me an idea: glitter. I don't think it would stay put, but maybe it would for a little while... and then you could add some modge podge.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Skadie
« Reply #145 on: July 19, 2005 10:50:56 AM »

I'm sorry for the late reply, but I'm dying to try these out.. but I can't figure out what Food colouring exactly is  Huh It's because im Dutch, sorry  Lips sealed .There are so many sorts of colourings these days, so I rather check up with you before buying something I might regret  Smiley.

Ty <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StephInTheCity
candy-coated crafter

Crafting is sexy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: July 19, 2005 11:40:09 AM »

Ooh, pretty!  These sort of remind me of the swirly art things they sometimes have at fairs.  Do you think it would work for wrapping paper, or would folding it make the color crack and peel?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I was any more open, I'd be inside out.
candycanechild
Paper Doll

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: July 19, 2005 12:17:17 PM »

I'm sorry for the late reply, but I'm dying to try these out.. but I can't figure out what Food colouring exactly is  Huh It's because im Dutch, sorry  Lips sealed .There are so many sorts of colourings these days, so I rather check up with you before buying something I might regret  Smiley.

Ty <3

Food coloring usually comes in a package with four colors: red, yellow, blue, and green. It's main purpose is for cake decorating and other food-related things. For example, when you're making a Christmas cake and you want red frosting, you would use food coloring to get the white frosting red. I'm surprised you never heard of it! I suppose things are different where you live.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Skadie
« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2005 01:56:25 AM »

Food coloring usually comes in a package with four colors: red, yellow, blue, and green. It's main purpose is for cake decorating and other food-related things. For example, when you're making a Christmas cake and you want red frosting, you would use food coloring to get the white frosting red. I'm surprised you never heard of it! I suppose things are different where you live.

Ahh I now understand  Grin. I figured that it was colouring.. for.. food.. but it just didn't seem logical to me to use it for cards lol. Anyway, thanks for explaining! I'll go buy some, and make some sexay cards myself  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
candycanechild
Paper Doll

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2005 06:40:48 AM »

Ahh I now understand  Grin. I figured that it was colouring.. for.. food.. but it just didn't seem logical to me to use it for cards lol. Anyway, thanks for explaining! I'll go buy some, and make some sexay cards myself  Wink

No, it's not logical, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn the Basics of Beading
How to Make a Backup Paracord Bracelet
How to Tie a Military Bugle Braid
How to Make Earrings - Advanced Earrings
How to Make Earrings - Basic Earrings
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...