A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
543 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Craft Supply Swap  (Read 4742 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

devilninny

isnt he adorable?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 04, 2006 08:33:42 AM »

Swap name: Ongoing Craft Supply Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: devilninny
Sign-up date range: ongoing
Date to send items by: one week (seven days!) after someone has claimed an item from your list.
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):  no!
Non-U.S. participants allowed? yes!
All ages allowed? yes, as long as you have a ride to the post office and parental permission if you are under 16!
Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: of course!

DETAILS OF SWAP:

This swap runs a lot like the ongoing book or fabric swap.  If you are unfamiliar with them, you might want to look at those thread to get an idea of what happens in this swap. 
Basically you will post a list (and hopefully pictures) of craft supplies that you are willing to part with.  You can do this as single items or in groups.  For example, you can put one fat quarter of material as a listing or an assortment of fabric scraps all as one listing together. 

HOW TO PLAY:

Step 1.  Send in your answers to the swap questionnaire to devilninny in a PM to get approved.  Make sure your answers include a list of at least five craft supplies or groups of supplies.  It is preferable that you have pictures to post, but if you don't please search for a link you can include to the item if possible.  If not, describe the item(s) including quantity, size, and color in as much detail as you can!

Step 2.  Watch the swap thread for something youll like to claim.  To claim, post a reply along the lines of I claim number 3 - bag of assorted stickers from devilninnys list.  Then send a PM to the person you chose from.  Let this person know what youve selected and provide him/her with your name and mailing address.

Step 3.  Now that youve made a claim, its your turn to post your list of supplies!  If the thread idles for a few days, please take the initiative to add more selections to your list!  When someone chooses from your list, you have ONE WEEK to get the swap package mailed to them!

Step 4.  If you have not maxed out on the number of claims you have been approved for, you may keep on claiming.  If you have reached your limit, you will not be able to make another claim until one of your partners has received a swap package from you.  Remember to edit your list after someone has been sent an item on it!

RULES:

1.  You may not participate in this swap until you have been pre-approved by the swap organizer.  Please wait until youre listed on the List of Approved Swappers before making a claim!  If youre watching this swap thread and thinking about participating, youre more than welcome to PM me to get pre-approved.  By doing so, youll be ready to make a claim when you see something you might want!  I will be checking PMs every evening, but it might take 24 hours for you to be approved, so think ahead!

2.  Please make sure you have your list (either links or pictures or very detailed listings) of supplies available when you start swapping!  You will need to have a minimum of five supplies or groups of supplies in your posts. 

3.  All participants must be willing to ship to international destinations.  Since you do not know who will be claiming from you, you do not have the option to opt out of international shipping!

4.  After a claim has been made, you have ONE WEEK to mail your package!  I will be listing when you need to mail by in this thread.  Please take holidays/vacations/weekends into consideration. 

5. Delivery Confirmation Numbers will be required for swap packages that are being sent within the United States.  I'm will be pretty firm about this rule!  If youre sending a package to another country, or if you dont reside in the United States, please save your receipts!  Remember to send the DCN info to your swap partner(s) and devilninny as soon as you send!

Shipping Tip For US Residents (courtesy of kategirl): The USPS requires that the package measures at least thick for a DCN.  If your package is too flat, it might be necessary to bulk up the package with a couple of plastic grocery bags to get the DCN!

6.  It is important to communicate with your partners and the organizer.  When you have received, you must inform your partner and the organizer!!  If you are late, you need to pm your partner and the swap organizer ASAP.  You are still responsible for sending out the swap package in a timely manner!  A blatant disregard for deadlines will result in a "sent late" comment in your swap profile.   

7.  Please consider what you are listing and what you are claiming.  Obviously, you should make sure your list is varied and worthy.  Small items like stickers and fabric scraps should be listed in a group as an assorted package.  I will discuss any concerns about your list with you when I receive your PM to be approved.

If you want to participate, send the following information to the organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:

Name of swap: Ongoing Craft Supply Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
Have you read the rules for this swap and understood how this swap works?
Is this your first swap?
Do you have access to a digital camera/know how to post pictures in a thread?
Your list of at least five craft supplies:

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE TO BE APPROVED FIRST.  DO NOT REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to consult the Swap Info Guide and Swap Etiquette to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

LIST OF APPROVED SWAPPERS
devilninny
lamamarco
Melesse
rosali
arabella
d
catpants
akredhead
Knichole
Hookin Flamingo
jaybirdiscrafty
groschveux

i'll start us off with my list after a few more people are approved!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006 06:11:55 PM by devilninny » THIS ROCKS   Logged

devilninny

isnt he adorable?

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006 08:39:39 AM »

list of send outs:
Shipped
Received
Late
Late no communication

june 7
devilninny sends to akredhead by june 14

june 15
akredhead sends to knichole by june 22
knichole sends to devilninny by june 22

june 20

devilninny sends to akredhead by june 27
akredhead sends to rosali by june 27
rosali sends to Hookin_flamingo by june 27
Hookin_Flamingo sends to d by june 27
d sends to knichole by june 27

june 22
knichole sends to d by june 29
d sents to Hookin_Flamingo by june 29

june 29
Hookin_Flamingo sents to groschveux by july 6
groschveux sends to rosali by july 6
rosali sends to catpants by july 6

PLEASE REMEMBER TO PM ME WHEN YOU SEND AND RECEIVE!!!!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006 06:10:38 PM by devilninny » THIS ROCKS   Logged

devilninny

isnt he adorable?

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006 06:49:00 PM »

i guess i will start!  here is my list:

1.  ten fine tipped fabric pens still in the box.  the box is slightly ripped, but the pens have never been used!

2.  count the stars crossstitch pattern still in plastic.  includes thread, fabric, and instructions.

3.  doll pins and stands.  10 of each and instruction sheet to make hula dancer, mermaid, plus more.  unopened.

4.  ten pieces of decorative driftwood from Lake Superior in a unopened bag.

two bags of mini clothespins.  how cute!  48 in each bag, one bag natural, one colored.

if you have any questions about any items, PM me for more info!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

devilninny

isnt he adorable?

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006 04:36:18 AM »

d you should only post your list if you chose one of my supplies!  this is an ongoing swap.    Wink

to clear up confusion, if you are approved you may choose an item from my list and THEN post yours!  please do not post until you have selected something to receive from the previous craftster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosali

English Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006 04:57:21 AM »

Let me take photos when I get home from work then I'll be jumping in on this  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lamamarco
Lauren :)

sewing IS love.

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006 10:44:37 AM »

I still need to take pictures also, poo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

d
princesshammerhead

Treat people how you like to be treated!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006 02:12:44 PM »

d you should only post your list if you chose one of my supplies!  this is an ongoing swap.    Wink

to clear up confusion, if you are approved you may choose an item from my list and THEN post yours!  please do not post until you have selected something to receive from the previous craftster.

Noted. List deleted, d
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If only closed minds came with closed mouths!

If the world is getting smaller, why do postage rates keep going up?

http://princesshammerhead.blogspot.com/

Personal swap anyone?
arabella
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006 04:04:43 PM »

oooh I *need* something you posted but I haven't taken pictures yet!  silly me.  will have to do it tonight!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
akredhead
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006 02:14:44 PM »

Hi! I claim the fabric pens from devilninny...this is my first claim.

I'm Chelsea from Anchorage, AK

MY LIST: (click on images to enlarge)

Bag of miniature pears.

Scrapbooking stickers.

Flat marbles.

Plate hanger.

Bag of Perler Beads.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rosali

English Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006 03:27:29 PM »

Gosh we're stalled already Undecided
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006 08:46:47 AM by rosali » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Illustrate Anime Characters
How to Buy Calligraphy Ink
How to Design Anime Feet
How to Design Funny Cartoons
How to Sketch Chibi
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...