A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
592 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cropped Jacket from KNIT1 Summmer 2006  (Read 15587 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Chimera
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2006 09:04:22 AM »

I got the yarn for this...it will be my first use of recommended yarn in the recommended color.  I love the green!

I am also going to get rid of the cut out at the bottom.  Its a cute design feature, but unfortunately, it will "feature" my mid-section too much.

I'm pissed that I had to order the wool-ease online to get the green color.  Neither Joann's nor Michael's carried the color in the store.  BUT Joann.com has free priority shipping over $25 right now, so that made me feel a bit better.

Anyone have any progress pics yet?

Where do you live? Zellers in Canada carries nothing but Lion Brand. If not Zellers is like Kmart, so you might be able to get it there if they sell yarn?

I'm going to hold out on this one until I see the sizing. The model is really skinny. Is anyone knitting it in a medium or large?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alicelovester
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2006 09:38:24 AM »

I can*not* get the gauge right! On size 8s, 18 stitches by 24 rows (stockinette) should be 4". Mine was 3". Sooo I decided to see if they would work as the smaller needles. 24 stitches by 30 rows of k3, p3 rib (which the pattern has done on 6s, but I did on 8s) should be 4", and mine is just under. ::sigh:: I now have to go get some new needles. Do you all think 9s and 11s should do it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftykt
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2006 10:26:47 AM »

Where do you live? Zellers in Canada carries nothing but Lion Brand. If not Zellers is like Kmart, so you might be able to get it there if they sell yarn?

I'm going to hold out on this one until I see the sizing. The model is really skinny. Is anyone knitting it in a medium or large?

There is lots of Lion Brand around, just not in the green.  The colors that they stock are plain FUGLY!  At least for this.

I am also concerned on the sizing.  It says the model is wearing the small, which according to the dimensions, is the size that I would make...HOWEVER, I am NOT the same size as the model!  I guess I just keep an eye on the sizing as I go along! 

I think that I am going to swatch with some woolease that I already have in the stash, just to get an idea of what I'm dealing with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art doesn't transform. It just plain forms."
-Roy Lichtenstein
maritimah

Nothing like a good cone bra to spice up your life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2006 01:03:24 PM »

There is lots of Lion Brand around, just not in the green.  The colors that they stock are plain FUGLY!  At least for this.

I am also concerned on the sizing.  It says the model is wearing the small, which according to the dimensions, is the size that I would make...HOWEVER, I am NOT the same size as the model!  I guess I just keep an eye on the sizing as I go along! 

I think that I am going to swatch with some woolease that I already have in the stash, just to get an idea of what I'm dealing with.

I hear ya on the fug Zellers yarn.

I'm also making the small, and I was worried about the sizing too, but it seems to be coming out to the measurements of a cardi I have that fits me well (my gauge is perfect with Patons Classic Wool). My intent is for it to be pretty fitted (less than an inch of ease), because a loose, cropped cardigan is definitely NOT the way to go on my body.

Also, I posted a progress pic on my blog. Not much to look at though - a couple blobs of black stockinette! Woo!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006 01:05:07 PM by maritimah » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinygoatstacker

Why can't puffins eat pancakes instead?

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2006 08:06:53 AM »

I started this sweater last week, using Caron Simply Soft in "Violet" (dark purple-ish).  I began with the mysterious (to me, at least) side panel so I could check my gauge while actually finishing part of the sweater.   I suppose two should be made and their positioning will become clear once the rest of the sweater is finished....  but without a picture of the back, I'm mildly confused.   
Otherwise, I love the way this thing's turning out! I'm halfway done with a sleeve.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bumblebees, bumblebees... tiny and small, tiny and small....
dizzydragonfly
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2006 10:16:50 PM »

Strange how that other post disappeared! Oh well...I am mostly finished (about half way maybe). This is my first sweater and so far so good.

Of course the hot weather is not inspiring me to pick up the needles and work with wool...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The crafter formerly known as jesssf!

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.   - Eleanor Roosevelt
___________________ ___________________ ____

http://dizzydragonfly.blogspot.com

Wists
Trebuchet

I already made infinity of those at scout camp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2006 02:03:22 PM »

Hey kiddos.  Haven't made much progress on this since my last post.

I did come across  this post recently (on the Knit.1 Magazine's blog) that shows a picture of the mysterious side panels.  It shows some pictures of the side so you can get an idea of how the panels are used.

Can't wait to see some progress pics!  I'm still on Sleeve Island...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chimera
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2006 02:54:22 PM »

Hey kiddos.  Haven't made much progress on this since my last post.

I did come across  this post recently (on the Knit.1 Magazine's blog) that shows a picture of the mysterious side panels.  It shows some pictures of the side so you can get an idea of how the panels are used.

Can't wait to see some progress pics!  I'm still on Sleeve Island...

Wow. It is a completely different colour of green in that photo. I'm glad I didn't buy that yarn because I don't like the colour. The picture in the magazine was no doubt photoshopped.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alicelovester
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2006 08:26:36 PM »

I'm working on the back, and I had a question. After the ribbing you work stockinette for 2.5 inches, then work in some increases. After that, it says to work evenly until piece measures 10.5 (I think) inches from the beginning.

My question (well, questions): When it says to work evenly, does that just mean straight stockinette? Also, the 10.5 inches-- is that from the beginning of the stockinette or of the entire piece? Thanks in advance, guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

maritimah

Nothing like a good cone bra to spice up your life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2006 08:33:06 PM »

I'm working on the back, and I had a question. After the ribbing you work stockinette for 2.5 inches, then work in some increases. After that, it says to work evenly until piece measures 10.5 (I think) inches from the beginning.

My question (well, questions): When it says to work evenly, does that just mean straight stockinette? Also, the 10.5 inches-- is that from the beginning of the stockinette or of the entire piece? Thanks in advance, guys!

Work evenly definitely means to work in stockinette in this case - it normally means to keep the pattern the same without working any increases or decreases. As for the 10.5 inches, I took it to mean from the beginning of the entire piece. Given the length in the photo, I think that's probably the right way to interpret it. I just held it up to me to get a general idea of what the 10.5 inches looked like.

In other news, I just got some buttons for mine on eBay. Check out my blog for a pic - they're awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood Steal the Spotlight at the CMAs
Best Dressed At The 2012 Country Music Awards
Marion Cotillard Wows in an Elegant Gown at the Women of the Year Awards
Khloe Kardashian Odom: Steal Her Style
A Louis Vuitton-Inspired DIY: Give Your Blazer a Vintage Flair with Buttons
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...