A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,694
Currently Running With Scissors:
484 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cropped Jacket from KNIT1 Summmer 2006  (Read 16187 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Keletubbie

Knittin' like I mean it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006 07:45:53 AM »

I will be knitting this as soon as Rogue is off the needles!

I'm going to get rid of the cut out bit, make it full length and use some large novelty white buttons...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please visit my blog. Comments make us all happy:

http://purlfriday.blogspot.com
Kerry Berry
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006 09:00:20 PM »

I'll be interested to see how the final versions turn up.  It looks really cute on the model, but I'm somewhat pear-shaped with a really short torso, so I'm not sure if it's the right sweater for me.  I'm in a huge knitting slump right now and the last thing I need is another sweater that makes me look short and dumpy.  But I'll be watching this thread and cheering all of you guys on.  Go forth, knit, and be happy!  And post pics!  Smiley

P.S.  In the meantime, could anyone tell me what yarn the pattern calls for? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trebuchet

I already made infinity of those at scout camp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006 01:51:05 PM »

I believe it calls for Wool-Ease from Lion Brand.  (I don't know for sure though. I have a photo copy of the pattern and I am missing the first page of it with the yarn/gauge requirements.)  I am using *gasp* Red Heart "Soft" yarn for mine.  I, too, wasn't sure how the pattern would actually work up and so I was a bit leary of dropping a bunch of cash on yarn for this project and then have it be awful.

How's everyone coming?  I am working on the sleeves right now. (Why do sleeves take so LONG...!) Can't wait to see FOs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

maritimah

Nothing like a good cone bra to spice up your life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006 08:37:21 PM »

It definitely calls for Lion Brand Wool-Ease. 6(6,7,8,9) balls for 34(36, 39, 42, 46) inch bust.

How's everyone coming?  I am working on the sleeves right now. (Why do sleeves take so LONG...!) Can't wait to see FOs.

I haven't been getting too far. That said, I only started on Friday. I've got one front done (i started with a front as a "gauge swatch") and I'm done the ribbing for the back. I think this one will be pretty quick to knit up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kerry Berry
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006 12:25:40 PM »

Oooh, I definitely have some Wool-Ease in my stash.  I wonder if my [long-waisted] sister needs a sweater...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alicelovester
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006 02:52:47 PM »

I'm joining, but I'm a little nervous. I've never knit a sweater before... or anything other than a rectangle, actually. Wish me luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftykt
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2006 09:03:40 PM »

I got the yarn for this...it will be my first use of recommended yarn in the recommended color.  I love the green!

I am also going to get rid of the cut out at the bottom.  Its a cute design feature, but unfortunately, it will "feature" my mid-section too much.

I'm pissed that I had to order the wool-ease online to get the green color.  Neither Joann's nor Michael's carried the color in the store.  BUT Joann.com has free priority shipping over $25 right now, so that made me feel a bit better.

Anyone have any progress pics yet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art doesn't transform. It just plain forms."
-Roy Lichtenstein
cnp71201
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2006 09:51:58 PM »

I'm going to wait on a couple of people to finish before I decide for sure on this one. I love it and really want to knit it, but I don't know how it will look on me. Plus, I have a couple of things on the needles right now anyway, so I'll probably start this one in a couple of months, or however long it takes me to make up my mind!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
felly
19th October's the B.dae

the felly to the ellly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006 09:57:50 PM »

I got the yarn for this...it will be my first use of recommended yarn in the recommended color.  I love the green!

I am also going to get rid of the cut out at the bottom.  Its a cute design feature, but unfortunately, it will "feature" my mid-section too much.

I'm pissed that I had to order the wool-ease online to get the green color.  Neither Joann's nor Michael's carried the color in the store.  BUT Joann.com has free priority shipping over $25 right now, so that made me feel a bit better.

Anyone have any progress pics yet?

i am waiting for my yarn... should be starting soon.. might remove the bottom section too..eee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FeLLy BeLLy MeLLy JeLLy KeLLy TeLLy *heart* Crafty

My Wists: http://www.wists.com/felly
Yndigo
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006 05:36:43 AM »

This is somewhere down the line in my to-do list.  Just wish I weren't such a slow knitter.  I'm thinking green too, but just a bit more olive drabish. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
An Anti Aging Moisturizer That’s Worth the Splurge
The Best Enzymes for Your Skin Type
How to Upgrade Your Look with Just a Curling Iron, Belt and Mascara
A Decade of the Most Outrageous GRAMMY Beauty Looks
The Best Way to Wash Your Face
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...