A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,074
Currently Running With Scissors:
672 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pet Swap Round 2 (Sign-ups June 4-July 1, Send-out July 24)  (Read 4957 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: June 04, 2006 06:05:26 AM »

I had an idea for a swap like this a week or so ago, and lo and behold it has been done once. So, I'm organizing a Round 2!

Link to Round 1 thread and Gallery.

Swap name: Pet Swap Round 2
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Miss Violaceous
Sign-up date range: June 4-July 1
Date to send item by: July 24

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): NO

Non-U.S. participants allowed? YES

All ages allowed? Or 18+? ALL

Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders"
list and will not allow those members to participate: YES

Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: YES

Details of swap:

Is your pet sick of watching while you open your goodies from the latest craft swap? Do they try and "help" the crafting by helpfully weighting down your fabric so it doesn't blow away in a strong wind? Is your critter as crafty as you are? This is the swap for all of you!

Round 1 was designed to be just for the pets, however I'm expanding this one slightly to include stuff for the human that is about your particular pet, along with items for the pets themselves (treats, toys, accessories). NOT stuff that is about "the species in general" or "the breed in general," but items that are specific to the individual animal. I've included questionnaire items to learn about the pets' life histories and to get photographs for this purpose.

Requirements:
1. Send at least one large and two small items.
2. Get a DC number for domestic mail, or save your receipt for international mail. If you do not do this, it will be reflected in your feedback.
3. Be communicative with the organizer and with your partner. Let me know if you're going to be away from your computer for more than a couple days, so I'll know why you aren't responding.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of the US?
Some information about each of your pets (Name, species, breed, gender, age, likes/dislikes by way of toys, clothing and treats, personality quirks, interesting details about their life history or how they came to be in your life, anything else relevant). I'm starting with three, but you can list as many pets as you want.
Pet 1:
Pet 2:
Pet 3:
Do you have pictures of your pets available? If you have them hosted somewhere, insert the link here, otherwise please PM your partner once you receive their info and ask if it's ok to send the pics to their listed e-mail address.
Is there anything you'd particularly like to get in this swap (something you've been wanting to buy for your pet anyway, or something they use a lot of?)?
Is there anything you'd particularly not like to get or would have no use for (would your cat kill you in your sleep if you offered him a collar, or is your dog allergic to certain fibers or ingredients?)?
What kind of crafts can you make?
What kind of pets would you most like to craft for?
Optional size information: For dogs, you might list ideal collar circumference, circumference of body from chest to tail and/or around the thickest part of the chest. For cats, their overall weight or just small/medium/large would suffice to size a collar (SEE "A NOTE ABOUT SAFETY"). A general idea of size would also be helpful if you have horses, for a blanket, but I don't know anything about sizing for halters and such, so if a horse person wants to fill the thread in that would be spiffy (SEE "A NOTE ABOUT SAFETY"). If I didn't list your pet's species here, go ahead and send whatever sizing information is relevant.

A NOTE ABOUT SAFETY:
Crafting anything for an animal is a bit of a risky proposition, since they cannot read warning labels. I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE ANYONE IN THIS SWAP FROM MAKING A COLLAR OR COLLAR-LIKE ARTICLE FROM SCRATCH. This does not mean you can't include a collar/harness/leash whatever, it just means that you should try and find a basic, professionally made and tested item and decorate it. Leashes are included in this advice, because they are also tested for how much pull they can withstand. THIS GOES DOUBLE, NAY TRIPLE FOR CAT COLLARS, BECAUSE CATS CAN EASILY BE KILLED BY COLLARS THAT DO NOT HAVE A SAFETY STRETCH OR BREAK-AWAY SECTION. Please keep safety considerations in mind when crafting other items as well, such as whether the item would be hazardous if chewed into bits (by dogs or rodentia) or whether the ingredients in homemade treats might trigger allergies (I've asked people to disclose this in the questionnaire, but you might include an ingredients list as well with any consumable). BE VERY CAREFUL WITH ANYTHING THAT WOULD GO IN A FISHTANK. DO EXTENSIVE RESEARCH ON HOW TO SEAL THEM PROPERLY SO THAT NOTHING LEACHES OUT AND CONTAMINATES THE WATER. Note that many pet toys that are commercially made these days have a warning label that instructs the owner to only let the pet use it under supervision. Everyone in this swap should consider that advice for received items, as well.

Finally, and most importantly, IF THE ITEM YOU WANT TO CRAFT GIVES YOU THE SLIGHTEST DOUBT ABOUT SAFETY, PLEASE PM ME AND WE CAN DISCUSS IT.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:

Sent Received Both PM me!

Miss Violaceous <> Courtney_phi_v
miss_cute_boots <> ChloeisCrazy
fizzledimpulse <> betzi
hurricane_sc <> craftydeb - swap angel on the way
beastbunny <> clovergrace
eenodol <> AModernMantra
digitalkitten <> justjenn81
Hookin Flamingo <> pkwj
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006 01:18:45 PM by Miss Violaceous » THIS ROCKS   Logged

miss_cute_boots
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006 07:46:35 AM »

Just signed up Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006 06:09:51 PM »

I neglected to put number of item requirements in the description. I'm going with the standard, minimum of one large and two small items. Post will be edited to reflect this shortly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yogineo
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006 07:23:05 AM »

I totally want to do this!!  But I'm currently in the middle of my first swap. Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beastbunny
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006 10:07:25 AM »

Woohoo!  I just signed up!  How fun for pets!  Sully (corgi) is very excited, he loves the mail.  Red (evil cat) says he hates everyone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
betzi

A Really Useful Engine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006 06:30:32 AM »

Red (evil cat) says he hates everyone.

lol, i have an evil cat too!  maybe they should meet.  but then again, they'd probably just hate each other...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugarkane
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006 11:49:03 AM »

lucky, lily and jake want me to sign up for this so badly.
good thing my other animals are at my parents or salem, kiwi and martini would be psyched too not to mention petey my moms dog  Grin
i'll have to bookmark this and put it on my "to do" list once i finish the swaps i am in now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beastbunny
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006 12:08:46 PM »

lol, i have an evil cat too!  maybe they should meet.  but then again, they'd probably just hate each other...

Oh yes, Red cannot be around other cats.  He is pure evil.  But he can send hatemail....I mean swapage, to other cats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006 04:55:15 PM »

I just updated the list. If you've pm'ed me and your name hasn't been added to the post above, poke me! I'm thrilled at all of the interest in this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

betzi

A Really Useful Engine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006 05:13:00 PM »

hate mail!  lol thats too funny!  i think Miss Molly is bitter simply because her name absolutely does not match her...lets say...feisty personality.  i should have named her "killer" or "demon" or something.  she does live with another cat, but they ignore each other (i think because he is bigger Smiley )

i too am trying to finish off a couple of swaps before i sign up.  i'm thinking i can't resist this one tho. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Stitch A Duvet Cover
How to Create Cushion Covers
How to Create Bed Valance
How to Darken a Room Using Curtains
How to Make Your Own Insulated Curtains
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...