A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 304,885
Currently Running With Scissors:
458 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pets or roomates/siblings destroying your crafts.  (Read 54158 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

quillian91
Maniac with Hot Glue...

Craftster: Where Tacky is Tasteful.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: October 07, 2007 07:30:12 AM »

Lately, I have been really into sculpting from fimo, and have been making tons of characture heads from movies and such.

Well, last night, I was harmlessly bent over my Faun head (From the movie Pan's Labyrinth) and I get hungry. So, I set my work down carefully and go get some chips to munch on.

I come back and find, to my deepest horror, that my beautiful little purr-ball::

Decided to SIT on my sculpture and take a little snooze. She never fails to ruin something I worked very hard on. She is very lucky I adore her to peices, because I had to spend a good half an hour picking the hair from the clay and the next good hour re-shaping it. Still isnt as good as my first one..

Stupid kitty Cat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hazzard, Approach with caution! Especially if I am holding a Hot Glue gun!
http://www.wists.com/quillian91
MandyLikesPie
« Reply #301 on: October 17, 2007 09:28:58 AM »

I love reading these stories!

My cat Cleo likes to play with anything stringy, so sometimes crocheting is really difficult. One day I heard her fiddling around with a stray ball of yarn and didn't pay any attention to it. Then I heard a chewing sound followed by a gagging sound. She had been chewing on the yarn instead of batting it and had some in her mouth. I started pulling the yarn...and it wouldn't stop coming! I ended up pulling about 18 inches of yarn out of her throat!  Shocked I felt horrible for not watching more closely and was thankful I caught her before something happened to her.  Cry

So, lesson learned: keep one eye on the craft and one on the cat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

paloma321
« Reply #302 on: October 17, 2007 02:02:31 PM »

My dog thinks he is a cat and undoes all my balls of yarn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
celticgoddess

Extinction is forever

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #303 on: October 17, 2007 02:06:54 PM »

My cat, well one of them, doesn't care about the yarn. She's all about the knitting needles, and crochet hooks. Every chance she gets they go under the bed. I have to keep them put up, even if I'm just going to answer the phone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I was on the moon at the time.....with Steve.

http://www.wists.com/celticgoddess

http://pinterest.com/lovezombie/
StoryFromTheStars
Everyone wears a mask.

I made mine, with lots of glitter and shinies.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: February 05, 2008 10:51:52 PM »

I love one of my cats. She doesn't play with yarn, shiny things, needles, hooks, or any of my other crafting stuff. I adore her.
But my OTHER cat. I love her to death, but most days I want to kill her for the things she does to my yarn. Like nearly destroying my most expensive yarn. I used to be able to lay my yarn around wherever. And then we got her.

But I have learned a lesson: Always put your yarn out of reach of cats.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Purtty Blog
Knitting is a way of life.
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #305 on: February 06, 2008 11:03:38 AM »

Ok  so I  only thry to learn crochet when hubby is hiome and we are watching TV for our time together stuff I have to do  or I grab a loom to knit with and EVERY!! I mean every time I get it out he says what are you knitting no matter what I am using hook or loom.   and I can not finish 10 complete rows with out the  "honey would you please....."  the kids aren't even that bad least they know the difference by now.

and if I open beads or buttons anywhere ina  10 mile radius  of said hubby he has a radar that just lures him near to spill them  everywhere.  it's  an illness with him I think  LOL

then the 180 pound choclate lab wants to lay on my while I sew at teh machine. yeah right!

ok and the worst is anytime I make something new my dear sweet brother in law looks and says " oh thats cute..but... you kow you could have.... or well why did you..."

BUT of everything the worst  thing anyone can ask me is... "do you really need more fabric/ yarn/ craft supplies"  I really don't like having to look at people like they are stupid...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
lemonader
« Reply #306 on: February 12, 2008 03:50:40 PM »

I get up every morning and find that my kitten has batted spools of thread all over the living room, so that the thread is actually strung around table and chair legs like some sort of bizarre cat's cradle. She also loves to chew wool and anything crocheted, so if I ever botch a crochet project I just give it to her to play with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 18, 2008 07:55:51 PM »

O.k I am in the process of making a amazing journal.I had just finished a page that took over a hour to plan,color,and embellishment.I go to the bathroom & come back.Guess what I found on my page cat prints.My stupid cat Domino had decided to take a shortcut across my table.It was a shortcut all right ! Right through the still wet marks that I had just done.I thought there was no way I ws going to  do all that again.Then I looked at the page again & the cat prints added something cute to the page.So I just left it in.The only thing is when I was scolding him,he looked waaayyy too pleased with himself. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
naturalcreation
Love and respect for all of God's critters :)

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 19, 2008 12:07:40 AM »

If I sit down to read, and my 'tiel hasn't had enough attention for the day, she will sit between me and the book, and preen, until I pay attention to her. If I ignore this polite request, she'll start chewing up the book. Smiley

My birds are great about my crafts - they only chew up what's given to them, which usually is a nice handmade toy... keeps them off the other stuff. Smiley

My cats, back when I had them, would hide spools of thread, or scissors, or other vital crafting tools, under the bed or chest of drawers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ewushka

Remember: Artistic is close to autistic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: March 01, 2008 03:28:17 PM »

Since I'm rather sure the hamsters haven't figured out how to get out of their cages at night, I have to suppose that the dust rhinos under the bed and sofa are the ones steeling my measuretapes and scissors and other important stuff that I find in places I KNOW I didn't put them in the first place. Hubby peads innocent and stays so until proven guilty. It's the dust rhinos I tell you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." (Groucho Marx)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jespersson
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ursula Le Guin on the Map of Earthsea
Ursula Le Guin Discusses Lord of the Rings
Ursula Le Guin on Writing for Teens
Ursula Le Guin on Writing Earthsea as a Series
Ursula Le Guin on Her Favorite Childhood Books
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...