A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 306,074
Currently Running With Scissors:
414 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pets or roomates/siblings destroying your crafts.  (Read 64873 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cathybogart
« Reply #270 on: April 29, 2007 09:49:47 AM »

There I was...innocently hunched over my polymer clay at my desk...when Jasper(my dog) decides he needs more attention.  He climbs up into the windowsill, stealthily creeps across till he's right next to me, and LEAPS into my lap!  Scared the wits out of me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artemisfair
"Full of evil, hate and delicious peanut butter."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: April 29, 2007 10:51:00 AM »

skye, that's a great idea! I think my next door neighbor has one, I'll just ask her if I can borrow it!

Thank you I was so heartbroken when I saw all of my beads all over the floor...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The Kraken stirs, and ten billion sushi dinners cry out for venegeance!" ~ Good Omens
Need wist list assistance?
Personal Swapper! <3 Make me some wall-art!

Steph has wists![/url
laurakay
« Reply #272 on: April 29, 2007 02:58:45 PM »

artemis, Belle did that to me too.  Only idiot that I am, I would just about have the beads all picked up, and she'd knock them over again.  It took 3 tries for me to get the beads back into the container!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bigeyes
« Reply #273 on: April 29, 2007 10:06:03 PM »

I wish I'd known that vacuum cleaner trick 20 years ago when I picked all those itty bitty beads off the floor!

8(
THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you can't lie no better than that......you might as well tell the truth.
mkt

Unicorn dreamin'

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 30, 2007 09:20:17 AM »

I've also suffered from the cat/bead problem. Suffice it to say that I remember to close the door when I'm sorting through my beads these days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BeccaJaneStClair
Follow the Butterflies....

I'd rather swing on the moon than a star.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #275 on: April 30, 2007 10:42:55 AM »

I've also suffered from the cat/bead problem. Suffice it to say that I remember to close the door when I'm sorting through my beads these days.

My cat knocked down my beads about a month ago. It was a small container, but it had silver seed beads, silver 2mm, silver 2.5mm and silver 3mm. THAT was a pain to re-sort. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(formerly AnnaOnTheMoon)

http://blog.beccajanestclair.com ~ http://annaonthemoon.livejournal.com ~  http://www.wists.com/annaonthemoon  ~ http://pinterest.com/annaonthemoon
Stephen Weaver
Textile boffin

Crusader for a day.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: April 30, 2007 02:15:53 PM »

Sounds like we need a good recipe for cat soup!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enthusiastic worker in almost all textile media, currently heavily involved in theatrical costumes.  Also love papier-mach and mosaic work and gardening.  Happy to meet new people too. 
I DO STASH SWAPS - SEND ME YOUR EXCESS OR UNWANTED MATERIALS AND I WILL SEND MINE!
_fallenxangel_
« Reply #277 on: April 30, 2007 03:34:22 PM »

We had a cat (who had to be put down last year  Cry) who was SUCH an attention whore. He would seriously walk up to complete strangers and rub against their ankles in search of cuddles. He also didn't like closed doors. Anyway, mom was working on some sewing project and turned her back on the machine for a few minutes to use the iron while Chester sat on the table watching. She turned back to the sewing machine and Chester hopped off the table and the thread started to spin off the spool as he walked away. Turned out that he had started chewing on the thread and ended up swallowing, like, 3 feet of the stuff. Mom had the pleasure of pulling it out of his mouth. Our other cat Whiskers had done something similar years ago. He had been sitting on the table watching mom sew with the thread wrapped around his tooth. At least he got rid of the plaque on his teeth...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ewushka

Remember: Artistic is close to autistic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: April 30, 2007 03:38:10 PM »

Sounds like we need a good recipe for cat soup!

I think that's a typical male logic way of looking at the problem. Funny though! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." (Groucho Marx)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jespersson
RaverZombiez
« Reply #279 on: May 19, 2007 11:05:47 PM »

This is common, but my cat refuses to let me work. I'll lay the fabric down and start cutting, and the cat will lay RIGHT ON TOP of the sissors. Its like, "dude, your gonna get cut."

So then I have to stop, and shoo him away, just to have my Yorkie Terrior come up and think she's the boss, start barking and then grab the fabric with her teeth and drag it off.

It happens every time I swear.

(And my mother asks me why I keep the door shut when I work... Humph!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Making Pom Poms
Your Dog Oughta Be In Pictures
Meatless Monday: Spicy White Bean Dip

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...