A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 311,435
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pets or roomates/siblings destroying your crafts.  (Read 58796 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

linzo

yep, I'm holding a rooster

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 13, 2007 12:16:22 PM »

I guess this is more or less just for the sheer fact of the horrific nature of the situation. But I knit my younger sister a scarf during the time she was dating this awfully gross guy. She forgot the scarf at his place for like 2 weeks and when she got it back home I found a great big nasty trimmed toenail stuck within it while admiring my hard work and nice color selection. I really do NOT want to know what went on while the scarf was living with the weirdo, but it must have been terrible. sorry to just jut that right in there but I have to get it out. I told my sister no more cool hand made stuff if she is not nice to her scarf! (she dumped him shortly after)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/linzo

...but for now we are young, let us lay in the sun, and count every beautiful thing we can see...
- Neutral Milk Hotel
whimsicalimpulse
« Reply #181 on: January 15, 2007 06:07:40 PM »

My Beagle always manages to find stray pieces of denim, and only denim, and instead of taking it somewhere private to chew on, brings it to me to try to get me to play with her!  Guess it's lucky, since I can rescue my stuff that way..

Eesh, silly dog.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You don't sew with a fork, so I see no reason to eat with knitting needles."
Smiley

http://craftymayhem.blogspot.com
TheCraftyCat

The truth is out there... anybody got the URL?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: January 15, 2007 08:32:13 PM »

I've learned the hard way that if I want to keep my projects and supplies intact, they have to be kept well away from my husband.

My sweetie is a neat freak.  On more than one occasion, he has gathered up my just-sorted embroidery floss in a big ball and shoved it into a ziplock bag, so I have to go and re-sort it.  On one occasion, he THREW OUT a bunch of my floss because he thought it was scrap!   Angry

Please tell me I'm not alone...  Should I start keeping my stash in a safe??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ewushka

Remember: Artistic is close to autistic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: January 16, 2007 01:04:28 AM »

I once knitted a hat that got less successful. It turned out to be my hamsters "sick-hat" and they have all died in it. (I know it sounds gross, but it's not, and it's not like we're killing hamsters for fun at home.)
Since it's wool and they tend to get very cold when they're old it's the perfect nest for them, and somehow it makes them calmer to lie in it. Now it's time for Buffy to sleep in it. she's the third one to use it and she's had it for two days now. I suppose it won't be that many more... Anyway, she seems to be comfortable.

It's a weird thing for a pet to do to your craft though, isn't it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." (Groucho Marx)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jespersson
dragonflyinlove
« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2007 06:02:54 PM »

once when I was 10 I threw away all my grandmas embroidary floss thinking it was trash....Im horrible!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The worth of a rider is not measured by the times they fall but by the times they get back on.
greenapples

I have a knitting obsessed baby boy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #185 on: January 16, 2007 06:10:10 PM »

I have more than once caught my 2.5yr old daughter "trying to knit just like mommy" on my latest WIP (cute, yet frustrating), or has ripped my work off of my knitting needles and ripped half of the stitches out (at least once, she frogged the whole project).

With my husband - I don't dare tell him I've not yet made a mistake on my nearly finished project, or he WILL unintentionally do something to muck it up  - usually on a knitting related project.... Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like something I've made? I'm always up for personal swaps - just send me a PM!
yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 16, 2007 06:35:25 PM »

I hear you -- my husband is also a neat-freak, and is constantly putting things away.  He knows better than to touch my knitting, though.  However, I have had to go on lengthy safaris through the house to find patterns he has collected into a nice nidy pile of random paper and bills (I've missed a couple of bills that way, too, that I left out on my place at the kitchen table so as not to forget).  And a couple of times he has thrown out handfulls of scraps destined for my scrap bag (I'm working on a scrap scarf).

Of course, I'm really the one to blame for leaving my stuff trailing all over the place. 

One of these days I'll get better at putting things where they belong...

... maybe...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

subliminalrabbit
« Reply #187 on: January 18, 2007 06:26:59 PM »

Not super craft-related, but my stepmom has a rabbit, Spencer, who eats everything. EVERYTHING. He's free-roaming around their teeny tiny house, and has shredded an entire flokati (fancy extra-shag) rug and has eaten the buttons off of every remote... In the space of one day he ate the top half of a pair of vintage Manolo Blahnik slingbacks. He *digs* holes in the bedspreads, and is fully litter trained but persists in picking one alternate spot to poop. He shreds any magazine, book, or tax reciept laying around. All this, and still he has free roam of the place, 24/7!

i can't use my ample floor space to craft because of my bunnies.  i have a huge cardboard sewing grid (lots of great parabolas and the like) but if i try to put it down on the floor - hop hop come the bunnies to chew on it!

luckily they stay away from the yarn.  mostly.  and the knitting needles are ALWAYS out of reach (yummy bamboo!).

(side note:  one of them - the one with the black nose in my profile photo - HATES when i do yoga in the house.  it freaks her out and she stomps on the floor really loudly, running around to find someone/thing to 'save' me from the illness that must be the cause of these strange body contortions!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a little city knitter in a big, big world.

http://www.subliminalrabbit.com
ravelry id: subliminalrabbit
artemisfair
"Full of evil, hate and delicious peanut butter."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: January 21, 2007 09:45:01 AM »

My kitten likes yarn balls as much as the next pussy...but it's really odd to watch her play with them, because the one pound balls of yarn I use are bigger than her and squish her without fail every time. I wish I could get pictures, but I need a new camera. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The Kraken stirs, and ten billion sushi dinners cry out for venegeance!" ~ Good Omens
Need wist list assistance?
Personal Swapper! <3 Make me some wall-art!

Steph has wists![/url
rozekitten

Glue, buttons, and a wall. Hmmm...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #189 on: January 21, 2007 07:59:38 PM »

Ahhh!!!!!  It drives me crazy!  I want to put my craft room under lock and key!  My fiance just put everything on my countertop in my craftroom.  He keeps trying to decorate the shelves.  My 2-year old wants to help mommy and rearrange things.  I love them both so much, but MAN!  I think I'll go lock shopping this week.   Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Using Dead Trees as Halloween Decoration
How to Make a Polymer Clay Rosh Hashana Magnet Part 2/2
Creative Play Date Activities
Make Your Pumpkin "Two Faced" to Cast Images
How to Use Leftovers Wisely
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...