A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,764
Currently Running With Scissors:
577 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pets or roomates/siblings destroying your crafts.  (Read 54382 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ewushka

Remember: Artistic is close to autistic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2006 01:22:23 AM »

My son loved nylon when he was small. All kinds of nylon. We tried all kinds of cotton blankets and such but it was the ugly nylon he liked best.
As he grew older I had to make tiny blankies of nylon that he could have in his pocket as "security" in school.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." (Groucho Marx)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jespersson
Seika
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2006 11:11:57 AM »

My puppy Harley will confiscate my yarn while i'm knitting, including hiding it outside.  I found a ball of black wool yesterday outside that seems to have a nice fielted qality now.... ::)silly puppy he also thinks hat knitting needles are sticks and isists that we play fetch with them...and he really likes circulars
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do you realize that your insatiable pull for all things deadly was strong enough to recover a pack of mutant canines from extinction?  If we could bottle your luck, we'd have a weapon of mass destruction on our hands." --Edward, Eclipse
Miss Hoodoo
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2006 05:29:28 AM »

I made a very cool "fur-o-phone", a 70's phone and covered everything up with some fake-furry type of fabric. It was very very cool until I put it on the side of my rat cage and the sweethearts chewed the cable. Because its so old it cant be plugged out and replaced. Did I learn from this? Nooo, cos later I left a silk screened  t-shirt on their cage (my favorite one) the next morning it was transferred into a very cosy rat-nest.  Cry Oh well....

Petra
THIS ROCKS   Logged
danfreek22
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2006 06:32:54 AM »

my dog tries to eat my pincushion all the time because she likes tomatoes and it looks like one  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

diosaperdida
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2006 06:43:52 AM »

Arthur kitty just simple lays right on top of whatever I'm doing...had to start using an easel so he wouldn't lay on the painting I was doing..he still likes to walk on my palet if I am using acrylics...doesn't want anything to do with oils....unless they are aleady on the canvas...then he cant resist.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.diosaperdida.net  - My website
http://knittingbare.blogspot.com/ painting, knitting, whatever...it's all art
http://painting.craftgossip.com/  decorative painting techniques, projects and product info.
ewushka

Remember: Artistic is close to autistic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2006 07:29:39 AM »

My hamsters seem to gather small scraps of yarn and fabric from the floor around my sewingmachine to nest with beneath the wardrobe. They aren't allowed in any other rooms and only occasionally are free to run around on the floor and it always ends up with hamster sleeping in nest under wardrobe. Every once in a while we actually clean out from under the wardrobe and still, the next time there are scraps there again.

I also have a "sick hat". A woolen "hat-to-be-more-of-a-pocket-looking" thing that the hamsters lie in when sick (or dying) They seem to find it comforting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." (Groucho Marx)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jespersson
EmotionalBaggage
Tamara

Therapy for your fashion sense!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2006 10:36:31 PM »

My cat eats my ribbon! It's infuriating, but unless I catch her in the act, I can't punish her for it because she's not my only cat. She also has chewed on the cord to my sewing machine and iron! I'm gonna come home to Kentucky Fried Kitty one of these days, I just know it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.EmotionalBaggage.etsy.com

Advice for the day: If you have a headache, do what it says on the aspirin bottle: Take two, and KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN.
Stephen Weaver
Textile boffin

Crusader for a day.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2006 07:03:28 AM »

Punishing a cat?  You might as well smack the water in your bathtub for overflowing!  They just do their own sweet thing, bless/damn them! 

Find a tub with a lid for the ribbons - much simpler in the long run.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enthusiastic worker in almost all textile media, currently heavily involved in theatrical costumes.  Also love papier-mach and mosaic work and gardening.  Happy to meet new people too. 
I DO STASH SWAPS - SEND ME YOUR EXCESS OR UNWANTED MATERIALS AND I WILL SEND MINE!
EmotionalBaggage
Tamara

Therapy for your fashion sense!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2006 09:31:50 AM »

Yea tell me about it, it's a bit like throwing a brick at a rubber wall.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.EmotionalBaggage.etsy.com

Advice for the day: If you have a headache, do what it says on the aspirin bottle: Take two, and KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN.
M the Writer
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2006 01:55:28 PM »

My cat takes a rather annoying interest in my knitting.  Thing is, he likes the needles better than the yarn.  If I am sitting on the couch knitting, he will come over and start batting at the moving ends of my needles, eventually trying to bite them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a 70s Hairstyle
How to Get a Rock Star Hairstyle
How to Get Beach Hair Waves
How to Use Beeswax in Your Hair
How to Get Hair Like a Model
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...