A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
314 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pets or roomates/siblings destroying your crafts.  (Read 53900 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thevampirehanna
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2006 03:38:10 PM »

heh I love this thread.. My cats an odd one, he didnt start stealing pins out of my work until after I had told my mother about this thread and someone elses cat doing it! I have to watch what I say around him!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nevernaked.etsy.com
Check Me out! Knits , Bags, Pins, Artwork,...And more
iampoison
Tutorial Contributor

Just a jersey girl without the acid wash.

"I believe you are in league with the butcher..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2006 03:41:43 PM »

I made a bunch of polymer clay sweets the other day and the next day several cupcakes were missing. I found out my little white cat (Lily) likes them and has been picking them up and hiding them in house plants in our front window.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just got flaked on for personal swaps so I am taking a break. ^_^; sorry everyone.
my shop: http://poisonandantidote.etsy.com/
eBay ID: rusty_buttons
My DA: http://chat-noir.deviantart.com/
My LJ: http://apatheticpoison.livejournal.com/
My wists: http://www.wists.com/iampoison
imgonnakickit
« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2006 06:05:41 AM »

My pup (Apollo), being 14 weeks old, LOVES to irritate the hell out of me when I'm sewing or whatnot. Pulling whatever I'm sewing away from the machine causing horrible stitching disasters (he loves doing this when I'm using satin), Trying to eat the hot glue gun (wouldn't that be a fun trip to the vet? Not to mention they'd think I'm a horrible owner), trying to eat everything including pins and needles... Oh yeah... He also likes to terrorize my FINISHED projects too. Many stuffed things I've made have become his new toys and man, does he love them.

EDIT: Oh yeah, he's a miniature pinscher... boundless energy... Yay...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006 06:07:20 AM by imgonnakickit » THIS ROCKS   Logged
imgonnakickit
« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2006 06:08:21 AM »

Every year at Christmas, when all the nicely wrapped presents are under the tree, my cat Luna chews on the ribbons and swallows them, don't forget people, these ribbons are tied to the presents...so she swallows them but can get it all so basically the ribbons goes from the top of the gift all the way to the whatever organ it end up in of the cat, depending on how long the tail of the ribbon was. Then she has to back to to get the ribbon out and it is a wet slimy chewed up ribbon tail. It's rad.
One of our cats when I was younger would choose one present in the back and lay on it every day all day until it was nearly unwrapped...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ms.scarlett
The Crafty DJ

I'm falling up

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2006 11:38:08 PM »

My cat is the stereotypical aloof, brooding and always looks mad cat, except when it comes to yarn.  She thinks its the best thing to run around with, it makes her a happy cat.  I was making a scarf for my dad, took a break and put it on the table.  In a minute she managed to get tangled in the scarf and criss-cross the house twice trying to get the yarn untangled from her nails!  I ended up having to frog the scarf and taking this crazy pathway through the house to get all the yarn.

Then some mornings I wake up and my projects look a little furrier than usual. It means that when my mother woke up she found yarn wrapped around her bed, the spare bed and other various places and was kind enough to roll it up for me.   Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Paramedic: Only one person can ride.
Dean: I'm the father...
Patrick: I'm the boyfriend...
Mitch: [points to Dean] I'm HIS boyfriend.

hehe....i knit in class
MyMendingsItch
Poetry & Stitches

:Xthree-times-used-stringX:

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2006 10:31:45 AM »

i guess you could consider this a craft... in my sculpting class we were given an easy assignment to celebrate the semester ending...

we were to take an everyday object and add something to it in order to change the way people view it... nothing big... just something simple we could do in one day.  i took an old broom and replaced the straw with a blonde wig that resembled Paris Hilton's fake ass tresses...

The next week when the class was doing a final clean up of the work room i heard someone gasp and say "That's Andrea's project!!!"  I looked and this girl had actually been sweeping the floor with it!  She was such a meek girl that i sort of felt sorry for her because everyone else was freaking out and staring at her so i told her not to worry about it, even though i was wondering how she could be such a dumb ass because everyone looks at what they are sweeping up and there is no way anyone could not notice that they were sweeping with a blonde wig...  THEN... after thinking she couldn't get any dumber, she goes and puts the wig part in the sink and runs water on it... yes... bad enough... but it gets worse... she's been sweeping up clay dust that has accumulated on the floor for weeks... yeah... not to smart to add water to clay dust.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MyMendingsItch
Poetry & Stitches

:Xthree-times-used-stringX:

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2006 10:36:34 AM »

Every year at Christmas, when all the nicely wrapped presents are under the tree, my cat Luna chews on the ribbons and swallows them, don't forget people, these ribbons are tied to the presents...so she swallows them but can get it all so basically the ribbons goes from the top of the gift all the way to the whatever organ it end up in of the cat, depending on how long the tail of the ribbon was. Then she has to back to to get the ribbon out and it is a wet slimy chewed up ribbon tail. It's rad.
One of our cats when I was younger would choose one present in the back and lay on it every day all day until it was nearly unwrapped...

OK... this is really gross but true and i had to do it...

We had to stop putting the frosty "icecicle" string thingys on our Christmas tree because my cat Gretchen would eat it.  Then throw it up.  OR... this is the part i was getting to...  Poop it out, which wouldn't be so bad if it actually came all the way out... but once there was a long string hanging out of her... yeah... you got it... and i had to pull it out even though i gagged several times before i could actually bring myself to do it and even though i was worried about it hurting her... but we were afraid to just let it hang there... so yeah... that is my gross Christmas related pet story...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ambermoony
Swap addict

I fix things.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2006 03:54:46 PM »

My house rabbit gets awfully jealous when I try to knit during a time she arbitrarily determines is 'her' time, and will steal the knitting needles, pulling them right out of the work-in-progress and hiding them!  I've found no less than four needles hidden either under my bed (reachable to me only by a broom) or somewhere in her cage.  The little stinker also thinks it's funny to jump on the ends of longer straight needles when they're wiggling in the air as I knit up a storm.

She's an angel compared to my dog, though, who will open my knitting bag, steal whatever skein of yarn I'm pulling from, and run across the room with it.  Once he managed to get it tangled around the bottom of the rocking chair while I was in the bathroom!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda Swap (Rnd 2): crafting
Doctor Who Swap round 5: crafting

Open to personal swaps~
Avariel

busy stalking the RMS Queen Elizabeth 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2006 10:49:15 AM »

Thankfully, my dog is never interested in what i'm doing enough to mess with it. I'm always so worried that he will accidentally swallow beads that I drop on the floor and choke on them. But so far, nothing bad has happened. Then again, my dog's only interested in food and sleeping.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i apologise in advance for my endless obsession with the RMS Queen Elizabeth 2. but hey, you have to admit, obsessions are fun. *grins*
Seika
« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2006 06:33:04 PM »

Oh, and today, I also discovered that puppy cannot distinguish between stick and 9B pencil....I needed that pencil....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do you realize that your insatiable pull for all things deadly was strong enough to recover a pack of mutant canines from extinction?  If we could bottle your luck, we'd have a weapon of mass destruction on our hands." --Edward, Eclipse
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
New Releases for Photographers
Photography and Make Up
Macro Photography Tips
What is Macro Photography
Lighting in Photography
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...