A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,118
Currently Running With Scissors:
579 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pets or roomates/siblings destroying your crafts.  (Read 53269 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AnyukaER
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2006 07:40:47 AM »

I have a one year old and a three year old that love crafting - they take all the thread out of my thread drawer (it's the top one, but they figure out how to get up there) and then unroll it and wind it around everything in the room spiderweb-style. They also like to unroll ribbon spools, they destroyed an entire stash of embroidery thread one time by knotting it up, and the oldest has a fascination with scissors. I was teaching my youngest sister to sew last year, and she had a partially completed skirt for our mother that she left at my place. Well, the three year old (she was two and a half at the time) was really quiet while I was dealing with the baby, which was nice, until I came out to see what she was up to - she had the skirt out and had cut so many holes in it it looked like an asymetrical fabric snowflake. We were very much less than thrilled.
As if that's not enough the dog loves to eat buttons, snaps, clasps, zippers... any and all fasteners especially if they're metal, and will either chew them off of any garment in reach (not so bad, that's repairable) or actually chew a little circle around the fastener and take the fabric with button or snap etc attached somewhere else to chew. (Much, much, harder to repair.) Sparkly dog poop, oh my.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
owl be there
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2006 11:16:46 AM »

lmao the other day i layed some fabric on the ground to cut[for some  reason its easer to cut wen its on the ground rather than the table ?] anywayand our puppy came up andlayed down rite where i was gonna cut...so i stuck ehr beside it and said "STAY" and she layed down and watched me..once i got the scissors out, she watches for a second as i start to cut and then...POUNCE...she actually pounces on them! do dogs pounce? anwyay i was SO scared she was gonna cut herself!!!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
muskratbyte

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2006 09:06:01 PM »

All of my pets, well, except for the fish, actively work to sabatoge my crafting.... I bet the fish would too, if they could figure out how to get past that clear force field thingie that keeps them out of my stuff.

My dogs both wait until I have fabric layed out perfectly to walk across it.  My parrot likes to fly over me, land on the fabric, sending pattern paper flying.  My other bird climbs all over me, and hangs from my chest to bite pattern paper.

And crocheting?.  . .no, I'm not working on anything, I'm just holding this neat yarn stuff as to amuse my birds who like to bite it.

LOL.....

And my silly husband got into my fresh batch of oatmeal milk and honey scented soap, took a bite and said Ew! This doesn't taste very good!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006 09:07:53 PM by muskratbyte » THIS ROCKS   Logged
P-nut

Well, what happened was...

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2006 01:47:57 PM »

My mother likes to tidy up after me while I'm doing things...so every so oftren I'll start something, leave it to go eat or something and come back to find all the leftover bits around, but no project...

Our (now ex) cat used to sit on the window sill that is behind the chair where my mum  sits when she does those tapestry kits and things...it used to sort of slide off if it fell alseep, so every so often there would be an almighty crash and everything fell off the table as he passed before a few seconds later, the cat would sit up with a look of "I meant to do that!"...stupid animal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel7383
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2006 01:52:21 PM »

My cat and all three dogs love Noro. They'll sort through my project hamper just to find a little piece of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazydoc
"Never, ever give up" - Winston Churchill "Never, ever grow up" - Dr. Seuss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2006 10:50:17 PM »

(CHief Bead Inspector)

(Chief Bead Inspector...IN repose...)

Sassy DOES look like your Marco!!

Neat Smiley

~CD~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shhhhhhhhh...it's Strictly Top Secret...
strictlytopsecret.etsy.com
jonnamarco

Shave us Messiah!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2006 11:04:04 PM »

Sorry Crazydoc...  I went back and read the whole post and I saw the pic of Sassy, so I started to edit my post.  Then I went back again and I couldn't find the pic of her being the Chief Bead Inspector, so I just deleted the damn post. I guess I am more sleepy than I know.  Anywho, thanks for posting the pics.  Our cats are so cute!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

genxquilter
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2006 06:10:31 PM »

One of my dogs will lay in the middle of whatever quilt I'm laying out on the floor. That's why she goes outside when I'm basting.

The other dog sews. I was at my machine and suddenly it starts going much faster. I looked down and she was sitting on my foot pedal.

Denise
THIS ROCKS   Logged
itsnikki
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2006 08:59:58 PM »

My cats don't do anything unusual. One watches me knit and attacks the needles every once in a while, and the other completely ignores every project. When it's done, or even half completed, if I forget and leave it on the couch, she thinks it's her bed and goes to sleep on top of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid people do stupid things, smart people outsmart each other.

My LJ

-Add me to your livejournal, and I'll add you back!!
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2006 09:56:32 PM »

my dog delights in carrying balled yarn around the house and, once a sufficiently comfy spot has been found, snuggling with it. 

she also has a fascination with straight pins, but she's not allowed near them so can only watch from afar.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Find Your Perfect Shade of Foundation
Thirty Seconds to Your Best Brows Ever
Allure’s 2013 Best of Beauty Breakthrough Winners
3 Biggest Mineral Makeup Mistakes
Skull Mask Makeup Tutorial-Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...