A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
380 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pets or roomates/siblings destroying your crafts.  (Read 54624 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KendraLandstander

Fandango . . . ? Ho- hobo camp? HOBO CAMP!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2006 08:56:52 AM »

how hilarious!

what won't ferrets get into?!?!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'll only private swap with you if you swear to read my blog everyday. SWEAR IT!

http://madeofmagic.blog.com

Ravelry.com: ridebikes
Mikaiyawa

Some things must be believed to be seen. -Einstien

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2006 11:40:38 AM »

what won't ferrets get into?!?!?

after watching a friends two chaos elementals use some replacement guttering as a waterslide.. (replacing old gutters with new ones, and watering the lawn...) I'd say nothing is safe.

Mieka
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance. - Will Durant
Pretty Pistol
Pretty Pistol

Doe Raemie

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2006 12:49:19 PM »

i used to have a cat , who sat on the back of my head, when i leaned down to cut fabric on the floor ...  and i couldnt lean up because that would result in claws in my head.

my kitty now hasnt discovered my crafting yet,  he/she is always asleep.  beastie is too little to tell whether its a girl or boy yet... 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Such a Pretty Pistol
icebyrd67
hello beautiful world!

Where is the pony doctor?!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2006 06:21:29 AM »

everyone talks about their pets...here's my lovely story.

Three year old, wet canvas (oils of course because we just had to be difficult), me napping.  result: childsize hand prints on everything in sight.

three year old, tubes of paint left out, me napping.  result: colorful carpet where it had once been a pale cream color.

three year old, fabric stash and yarn left out, me napping.  result: everything in sight tied together

and my very personal favorite...

seven year old, polymer clay project, baking cakes, me leaving the kitchen area to chase down the three year old who was trying to eat clay.  result: polymer clay baked into my cake.  apparently, my seven year old cousin didnt understand that we were going to bake the clay AFTER the cakes were done.  not to mention that she isnt allowed near the oven.

Moral of my story...Dont nap during baby's nap time because he will wake up before you do and he will make a mess.  also, keep baby in his playpen while crafting anything.  because he will eat it.

the end.  ^^

~jules
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn all about me? http://icebyrd67.livejournal.com/
http://www.wists.com/icebyrd67

looking for personal swaps - i need decorative table numbers for my wedding. want to have a place in my wedding? More details in my profile. PM me!
urban_albino

Open your mind, open your heart.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2006 12:17:40 PM »

The other day I was right in the middle of a sewing project, and stopped for a while to eat dinner.  I set everything atop my sewing table so my curious yorkie and her sidekick, the cat, wouldn't get into any trouble.  Well, stupid me forgot to move the chair away from the table!  When I came back, my tomato full of pins was on the ground ... and my dog had taken all the pins out of the tomato and were all over the ground!!  OMG I freaked out -- I was so scared that she swallowed one .. but apparantly not since she is still up and causing trouble.  But talk about a scare!!  I guess I will remember to move my chair and/or just put things away! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just when the caterpillar thought it would die, it turned into a butterfly.
iampoison
Tutorial Contributor

Just a jersey girl without the acid wash.

"I believe you are in league with the butcher..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2006 01:21:26 PM »

My cat used to "suckle" on my knitting until I made him his own little "blankie". Now he carries it around the house and "suckles" it!

I have a cat that does that as well! But not with knitting but with my fabrics. I will lay something on the floor to cut it and he bounds over lays down starts kneading it and then suckles it. Then i must wash the fabrics before I make anything with them.

Funniest thing is he is a HUGE cat. His tail alone is 14 inches long. He weighs 30 lbs and is the biggest pet I own (including the dog) yet it is he who suckles my fabrics like a little kitten!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006 01:23:47 PM by iampoison » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just got flaked on for personal swaps so I am taking a break. ^_^; sorry everyone.
my shop: http://poisonandantidote.etsy.com/
eBay ID: rusty_buttons
My DA: http://chat-noir.deviantart.com/
My LJ: http://apatheticpoison.livejournal.com/
My wists: http://www.wists.com/iampoison
winter83
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2006 06:48:41 PM »

I have the usual cat the likes yarn. He is pretty sneaky about it though because he gets in my stash when i'm not home and then hides it under my grandmas bed and then in the moringing there is yarn all over the house. One time I looked in there and there was a ball that was to big to fit under the bed.
My mom has two pugs and they like to chew on everything from hemp to yarn to ipods. The little one is lucky my ipod still works with the teeth marks in it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kitty Vane

toy-making elf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2006 02:12:39 AM »

My cat loves to help me sew. I have told her time and time again that once she gets opposable thumbs she can join in, but before that, crafts are off limits. She doesn't give a toss and joins in at every opportunity.
Every time I spread out fabric out to cut, she will come and lie on it and to try swat the scissors (I'm deathly afraid I'm accidentally going to snip off a toe one day!) while shedding like there's no tomorrow. On occasion she will actually run up to the fabric, slide on it across the floor and then plop down on top of the crumpled fabric with an expression that says "My job here is done."

I haven't painted at all since I got my cat, as before now I couldn't keep her away from the paint. And reading the previous posts in this thread, I think we all know that cats (or other pets & children) and paint don't mix. Now I have a separate work room and the little miss isn't allowed in there at all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazydoc
"Never, ever give up" - Winston Churchill "Never, ever grow up" - Dr. Seuss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2006 04:57:16 AM »

I think this is the funniest thread I've read on Craftster!

My furchild (a cat) is Sassy (short for Sasquatch b/c she is polydactyl on all fours, and has HUGE paws).

She is ever so fond of WIRE, and just loves to help when I'm trying to be careful (there's a surprise). Her m.o. is to sit calmly on the floor (i'm sure she'd whistle innocently, were she able) all the while surruptisously plotting her next move. She waits until THE opportune moment to pounce. And pounce she does. She swats the beejeebers out the wire, and will then proceed to leap up and balance herself on the back of the vertical part of the chair (behind my head) for optimal positioning for the next swat.

Cats are grand, aren't they!

~CD~

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shhhhhhhhh...it's Strictly Top Secret...
strictlytopsecret.etsy.com
bcgrote

Why doesn't evolution work with embroidery kits?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2006 05:54:39 PM »

Well, you know the old joke:
How do you find the exact center of a piece of fabric?

Spread the cloth out on the floor and leave the room for a moment.  When you come back, the cat will be in the exact center!

One time I found Sweet William (RIP) in the dark hallway, chewing something.  I swept my hand in front of his mouth, only to find he had eaten a threaded needle - needle end first!!!!  Needless to say that was the last time I left any supplies within his reach!!!!  (I usually stick them in the arm of the couch where I am sitting)

He was the absolute BEST cat, even so!  When I had pneumonia, he stayed either on my chest or next to me, and wouldn't leave me.  Nice furry vibrating heating pad.....sigh...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

If your site doesn't support Firefox, Firefox users won't support your site!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Salt and Pepper Turkey Recipe
How to Make a Homemade Pizza
How to Make a Roux
A Top Chef Reinvents Your Wedding Registry
Chef Tim Love Makes a Creative Grilled Ham, Cheese and Tomato Sandwich
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...