A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 306,443
Currently Running With Scissors:
417 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pets or roomates/siblings destroying your crafts.  (Read 61504 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aztecr3ina

I'm not that kind of girl

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 26, 2009 11:25:49 PM »

My problems are both the dog and the toddler. I mostly crochet and they both are out to get whatever project I'm working on.
If I crochet during the day while the boy is watching TV, he'll absent-mindedly begin stroking the yarn. OK, not a problem really. But, then he begins letting his hand drift slowly toward the working end of the yarn until he's actually tugging on it. All this while keeping both eyes glued to Sesame Street, mind you. I once got up to answer the phone only to come back and find my work entirely missing. The hook was there, as was the yarn ball and a new pile of crinkled yarn in my son's lap. He had frogged half a beanie while watching Elmo!
So, I started doing my crochet at night when the boy is asleep. Bad move. Little puppykins keeps one paw firmly on my yarn so I have to wrestle it away from her with each stitch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
christie.mcnabb
« Reply #341 on: December 29, 2009 08:48:43 AM »

my cat just went to live with my mom, but he's a boy kitten and was obsessed with our projects, particularly string and hiding underneath a tabletop ironing board we would lay on the floor. he just barely fit beneath, and i firmly believe he thought he couldn't be seen. 

we would have to lock him in a room in order to get anything done/keep it from being destroyed, so he would get angry and pee on something in revolt.

so glad he went away....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/christiemc83
http://www.livingisaprocess.wordpress.com

i am always open to a personal swap!  just pm me!
Maggiedoll
« Reply #342 on: February 04, 2010 12:52:39 PM »

Besides all three pets (cat, dog, ferret) liking to step on/lay on/paw and scratch at patterns.. 
The ferret likes to make off with my pincushion.  She takes it under the bed.  This may not sound that bad, but there are drawers under the bed, and this long narrow strip right in the middle that's too small for a human to get into.  It is not easy to get the pincushion back out of there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

papertabby

Passionate about paper and dye.

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 10, 2010 11:36:44 AM »

My ferret likes to hide anything lighter than she is under the couch.  This includes my ribbon, embroidery thread, small scissors, rulers.....

Since I tend to spread out in the living room or kitchen (the only two rooms she is allowed to roam freely) when I am crafting, she frequently takes pieces of my crafts.  This wouldn't be so bad, except that anything that is made of paper looks like it has been attacked by a mad stapler - lots of little bitty teeth marks!  The worst was when I made the mistake of setting a pop-up card I had just finished making for a birthday on the coffee table, thinking she couldn't reach it.  She actually chewed off a corner in her efforts to get it off the table, then dragged it under the couch open, so that several sections were torn loose as they wer dragged across the carpet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not a square peg - I'm polyhedral!
zombie
hm. i'll fill this in when i think of something clever...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: March 03, 2010 11:50:01 PM »

[rofl about the ferret. sounds kind of cute, but i can see how it'd be aggravating after the... 2nd time.]

mm... just today. i just sewed and stuffed a worm (lol- richard scarry style) for the kids and i painted on the face. well while it's drying, hubby comes into the room and grabs it up and holds it to his body pretending it's a you-know-what and smears the paint on it's face. awesome. you'd think he'd be over that kind of stuff at 16, but more than a decade later...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Demi_Kitten
« Reply #345 on: March 18, 2010 04:40:08 AM »

I'm away at uni so my projects are all hidden from animal view, however, in a week and a half I go home for three weeks of easter break...I'm looking forward to taking my stuff home so I can do some sewing...I'm also wondering how the gorgeous babies (just over one year old fluffy white cats...shush they're still babies, we have had them since birth) will react to a sewing machine and their Mama, Darcey can get very jealous of my attention.

I have had animals in the past destroy a project and then look at me with big eyes like "what? You don't mind if I play do you?" Or the look Darcey gave me when she unraveled a scarf was "What, it was ugly...and I think you dropped a stitch...I'm doing you a favour here."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Athena: Today I was beat in a weaving contest by a mortal, so I threw a little bit of a hissy fit at her, so she hung herself...long story short she's a spider and everyone thinks I'm a bitch. FML
calluna
« Reply #346 on: March 18, 2010 09:47:20 AM »

this thread always makes me laugh (in commiseration and love of unpredictable pets). i haven't had anything technically ruined yet, but at one point i was working on a large needlework piece and part of it was laying on the ground...my dog came up to me, sat on it, and started scooting her butt on it since apparently it helped scratch her itches. or maybe she was just being passive-aggressive.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will be living/working in Yosemite til Mid-May! Blogging about it here. No swapping for me, and minimal crafting time, til summer. Almost done with library school! That sums things up for now.
Alexus1325
« Reply #347 on: June 13, 2010 11:45:53 AM »

I spent a couple weeks at my boyfriend's just before I moved into his house. He lives with his brother who has two cats and an old beagle/terrier. I brought some sewing goodies, but not my ironing board, so I improvised with a towel on a TV tray. Wouldn't ya know it, Neko thought it was wicked-comfy Tongue

My boyfriend decided to punish the upstart Tongue

I quickly learned to flip the towel to the hairy side whenever I was done with it Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

darkladymajesta
« Reply #348 on: June 13, 2010 06:20:36 PM »

Adorable kitten!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Willowe
« Reply #349 on: June 17, 2010 08:07:12 PM »

I have just found the single most disgusting, horrendous thing hidden in my room, courtesy of my younger sister. She claims that the thermos only had chili in it, but... well, it looked and smelled like three day-old vomit.

Worse, it leaked. All over my craft supplies.

Now not only does the house smell horrible (I could barely breathe while I was trying to clean the darn thing, the smell was so bad!), but instead of working on craft swap packages I get to spend tomorrow going through my craft supplies to see what can and cannot be salvaged.

Luckily, it wasn't hidden among any of my WIPs- but instead, it was stashed among my supplies! I'm really hoping that it didn't leak as bad as I think it did, because I don't have the money to try to replace yarn and fabric. Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
     -None Smiley

My Etsy
My Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Create a Fashion Forward Bob - Products Needed
Learn how to Create a Fashion Forward Bob
Learn how to Twist Hair - Finishing the Hairline and Styling
Learn how to Twist Hair - Learn how to Individual Twist
Learn how to Twist Hair - Learn how to Flat Twist
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Your Own Patron Saint
Folding in the New Year!
Tute Tuesday: Joan Jett Inspired Black Heart Soap

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...