A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,739
Currently Running With Scissors:
586 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pets or roomates/siblings destroying your crafts.  (Read 52758 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Amie.v
« on: June 03, 2006 05:42:37 PM »

*Shudder*

We all know them..

We have a budgie named Chidler. She destroys everything!

Share your stories!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008 02:18:16 AM by Amie.v - Reason: I realised how funny the title sounded! :) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Courtney_phi_v
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006 05:28:34 PM »

My pup only tries to eat quilt squares.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
daydreamer13579
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006 07:34:23 PM »

When my dog thinks I am paying too much attention to my crocheting she insists on sitting on my lap. She weighs 75lbs. and is waaaaaay to big to be a lapdog.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Magpie Queen

15-year-old Artichoke

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006 01:34:04 PM »

My dog sometimes gets jealous of crafting. If I am making something and he wants attention he will walk right over to my project, plop down on top it it, and commence to roll around asking for a bellyrub/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sandraregina

Knewbie knitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006 07:38:36 AM »

My cat Icarus will happily sleep on the back of the couch if I'm reading or watching t.v. If I break out the knitting, however, he suddenly decides its cuddle time and comes and lies down ON TOP OF my arms and the knitting. He also chewed holes in the top of a pair of plastic knitting needles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got knitting needles, and I'm not afraid to use them.

This year I'm doing the 'Na-No' again: www.nanowrimo.org
30 days + 50,000 words + No sleep + Too much caffeine = One Novel in One Month.
littlefish
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006 03:18:55 PM »

Not super craft-related, but my stepmom has a rabbit, Spencer, who eats everything. EVERYTHING. He's free-roaming around their teeny tiny house, and has shredded an entire flokati (fancy extra-shag) rug and has eaten the buttons off of every remote... In the space of one day he ate the top half of a pair of vintage Manolo Blahnik slingbacks. He *digs* holes in the bedspreads, and is fully litter trained but persists in picking one alternate spot to poop. He shreds any magazine, book, or tax reciept laying around. All this, and still he has free roam of the place, 24/7!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ah, the sun, the breeze
The tepid rage of drivers
Honking at the geese.
Stephen Weaver
Textile boffin

Crusader for a day.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006 03:25:46 PM »

My sister had a cute black rabbit about ten years ago who was called Sooty and allowed to roam free around the apartment..... until the day he ate up half the cables on her PC and other expensive appliances, after that he lived in a cage and was known as "blasted rabbit".  He only just escaped the cooking pot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enthusiastic worker in almost all textile media, currently heavily involved in theatrical costumes.  Also love papier-mach and mosaic work and gardening.  Happy to meet new people too. 
I DO STASH SWAPS - SEND ME YOUR EXCESS OR UNWANTED MATERIALS AND I WILL SEND MINE!
Kaylan
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006 07:03:02 PM »

My cat tries to disembowel yarn if I leave it in the skeins it comes in. If I wind it into balls, though, she leaves it alone. I bought drawers for storage because I was getting sick of hand winding everything just to keep her at bay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
how_german
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006 07:53:41 PM »

A while ago I was planning on knitting these really sexy little garters, pretty much just to be able to say that I knit garters... I was GEEKED. I bought this really nice satin ribbon to lace through some little eyelets in them and everything. I went to bed and left the spool of ribbon on top of my mouse cage (which takes up a shelf on my desk, so I sit things on it frequently) and awoke to a terrible shredded mess inside the cage the next day. Pretty much the entire spool I bought was being used as a terribly comfortable little mouse nest...

<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyCoug

Croquet at Molbaks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006 11:37:54 PM »

At my parents' house there are 2 cats that hate each other.  One insists on sitting on anything clean or new... thus shedding fur all over it that can never be completely removed.  The other can be entertained by anything.  She is delighted to chew on cardboard or paper and she could play all day w/ an old collar.  However, her new discovery is balls of yarn.  She got ahold of one of mine while I was knitting a hat or something and hauled it across the room.  We decided she might as well have her own ball and she was content with that for a while.  When we woke up the next morning there was yarn trailed all over the house.  My parents call it her "artwork."  She creates this art then stares out the window like some snooty impressionist... maybe impressionists aren't all snooty, but she certainly is.

Ah cats are weird.  All the dog does is shred up her bit of carpet thinking its her food... now she gets fed elsewhere.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm down w/ a personal swap now and then!  PM me!

www.craftycougknits .blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fun with Food: Turn a Radish Into Mushroom
How to Make Fun Shapes with Food
How to Use Chopsticks
Sashimi Vs. Sushi
How to Eat Sushi
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...