A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,684
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Foreign Exchange Swap?  (Read 5612 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 03, 2006 01:42:37 PM »

I've seen lots of international swaps like "My Country Doesn't Have That!" around, and I'd love to try something similar. I'm moving from New England to Germany at the end of the summer and need some serious guidance. I am sure there are tons of crafty ppl there who could help me to become a Crafty German Goddess!
So the swap idea is this:
Pair up people from different countries to craft whatever one might need for a foreign exchange program: the newest slang, trends, fashions, music, foods, best places to go/things to do, etc. all put together into crafty goodness (like journals, guide books, tees, totes, jewelery, whatever)
So if I get paired with a gal from Germany, I'd make her all things Rhode Island (beach and lobster themes aplenty on jewelry or clothing, coffee syrup and Del's lemonade) and she's make me German inspired things.
What do you think?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006 06:06:03 PM by Banga » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
phoenixflamefeather
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006 10:37:28 PM »

LOVE IT!
I am going to do an exchange this summer (i will be here with my exchange student for july, then i will be in france with her and her family for august...) but  would love to participate anyway...what if it was not neccessarily partners? it could be a bit more like the wishlist swaps...or unconditional swaps...post what countries you are interested in learning more about, and they can snag you...you can snag them....and besides that...I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT RHODE ISLAND....living in Cali, i might as well be in another country! But I love the idea
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pristinity
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006 03:20:22 AM »

Oh, neato! I love traveling, and learning about other countries is most of the fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Banga

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006 05:11:32 PM »

LOVE IT!
I am going to do an exchange this summer (i will be here with my exchange student for july, then i will be in france with her and her family for august...) but  would love to participate anyway...what if it was not neccessarily partners? it could be a bit more like the wishlist swaps...or unconditional swaps...post what countries you are interested in learning more about, and they can snag you...you can snag them....and besides that...I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT RHODE ISLAND....living in Cali, i might as well be in another country! But I love the idea

That's a cool idea... If we can get some more people interested in this we'll see which way to go with it!

My best friend moved out to LA, so she's my only Cali connection! And from what I know, LA is like it's own planet compared to the rest of Cali! I'm dying to take a trip out to Napa Valley with her... just need to save some funds!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
oddtraveler
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006 09:16:25 PM »

Let me know if this goes through - anyone want stuff from Peru?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
highschoolcrafter
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006 10:44:41 PM »

Let me know if this goes through - anyone want stuff from Peru?

wow, that would be so cool, id so be in and i thnk Peru would be freakin sweet!! i think im too excited, good idea for a swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hurricane_sc
Oh, Kara.

The people all call her Alaska.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006 07:17:04 AM »

Totally down for it!!!! Let me know when sign ups are!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps! Just ask me about them! I have tons of fabric to trade for maybe other fabric..or knitted or crochet items!!!

For swap partners:
http://librarianintherye.blogspot.com/
Banga

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006 07:43:20 AM »

Yay! I'm glad people are intersted! I'd need to be sure we have enough international ppl for this to fly, or else we' need to turn into a state exchange swap!
I'm thinking sign ups early July, send outs ealry August, since there are so many new swaps beginning right now! That also gives me time to finish my first swap and get feedback so that I can organize this one!
For all of you who add a post here, could you also let us all know where you are from? That would help gage how many matches we are making. Thanks!
Let's all cross our fingers for this swap!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
hurricane_sc
Oh, Kara.

The people all call her Alaska.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006 08:30:16 AM »

I am from Indiana-UNITED STATES!!!! 30 minutes from Chicago to be exact!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps! Just ask me about them! I have tons of fabric to trade for maybe other fabric..or knitted or crochet items!!!

For swap partners:
http://librarianintherye.blogspot.com/
highschoolcrafter
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006 01:23:00 PM »

Saint Louis, Missouri! famous for the arch Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Homemade Jewelry Gift Ideas
Getting Started Making Jewelry
Essential Jewelry Making Tools
Ideas for Beaded Necklaces
How to Make a Kids Beaded Necklace
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...